CHAPTER 13: RESOLUTIONS

Kimberly's POV
It has been two days since I came back from the hospital but it seems like I need my head checked maybe I got a concussion when I collapsed after my panic attack. Xander has been acting different and he even seems to pay attention to everything about me. He has been working from home, bringing my food to the room and even feeds me, he talks me for walks in the garden and he has even started acting like a husband. I know that seems weird and it's really putting me on edge because I don't know what he is up to. He has always been rude and distant but since my incident he totally turned over a new leaf and he's been trying to become a better person. He even went back to sleeping in our room and I just have to say he's really trying and if he just continued this way he might just get my approval to make this marriage work. Did I tell you he asked me to consider making all this real? I was so shocked but at the same time happy. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear anyone knocking or entering until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I snapped back to reality. It was Xavier and I was just so happy since the last time I saw him was when he came to see me in the hospital and he was so sad and concerned. I'm so glad I met this charming man because he makes me so happy and he's such a good friend.

"Hey doll,how are you holding up?" he asked and I blushed at the petname he gave me.

"I can see you are much better because you are blushing and might I say that really looks good on you. But seriously am just happy that you are okay and Nicole said she'll drop by later because she had a shoot scheduled today morning so she couldn't come with me," he rumbled on and all I could think about was how lucky the girl he will fall in love with will be because he's so special and a beautiful soul.

" You know Xavier, ever since I met you my life seems to take turns that I can't understand. Don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that I found a friend and confidant in you and you'll always have a special place in my heart I promise," I said and he just looked at me with a confused expression.

"What are you trying to say Kiki?" I could now see that he was panicking.

"Relax Xavy but all I was trying to do was appreciate you, nothing more so relax but there is one thing that I need your advice on," I said and he sat next to me and asked me to continue by smiling at me. " Ever since I was admitted at the hospital, Xander has really changed. His attitude towards me has taken a drastic turn and he's completely changed. He has become the ideal husband and he even seems to care about me sincerely. He even asked me to consider giving our marriage a chance and also said that he was sorry and he was only acting that way towards me because he was angry that he was forced into this union even without his consent," I said and he urged me to finish.

"All I want to ask you is, do you think it would be wrong to give him a chance and also do you really think he is sincere because I just find it odd that he just took a three-sixty turn and all of a sudden he says he likes me? I just want to get another point of view on things so that I can make good judgement, that why I am asking for your help Xavier,please," I asked and hit him with the puppy eyes since I knew he couldn't resist those.

He sighed then turned and held both my hands and said," The one thing that guides human beings is there gut feeling and if it seems to not agree with something then there is something wrong. Kiki all am trying to say is that I cannot tell you what choice to make all am saying is trust your instincts and let your heart lead you but you should always do what's best for you no matter what and I will always support you even if I don't like your decision. Just decide what you think you want and need and I will always be behind you. You are very special and intelligent and am sure you will figure it out," he finished then he pulled me for a hug and it was at that particular time, I knew what I was supposed to do.

A few hours later
Xavier had left after an extensive gossip session and little bit of comedy that wore me out and now I had just woken up from my nap only to find Xander sleeping next to me and it seems I had my head on his chest and he had placed his arm on my waist and I couldn't help the blush that was making it art on my cheeks and just felt like I belonged here where it was safe and warm but then I remembered how angry and distant he was in the beginning and that made me slide off of him careful not to wake him up then I went to the balcony. I was sitting there when I felt his presence behind me and he came closer and sat beside me looking onto the canopy of trees sorrounding our home.

"I hope you are feeling better now that you are home?" He asked and I nodded in assurance. " Kim I asked you something and I don't know if you have come to a decision yet. I don't want you to think that I am pressuring you but..." He couldn't finish because I cut him off.

" I have had time to think about it and I have put in every factor to consider and since you have been so harsh and mean to me,it was so hard to make a decision and I don't know how to deal with all your past behavior. Anyway putting all things into consideration I have decided to give a chance and I just hope by exposing my heart to you, it will be taken care of and not broken," as Soon as I finished those words he hugged me so tight then picked me up and twirled me around. I was so happy at this point just seeing his reaction and how eyes gleamed with a spark it all just made this moment special. Even though I had a nagging feeling there was something he was disclosing, I decided to focus on my happiness and future with Xander.

"Don't worry Kim, I will definitely take care of you and you don't have to worry about because your kind little heart is safe with me and I will put all my efforts to make this work. You just made me the happiest man on Earth. I will try my best to make you happy and that is my promise to you and you will help me achieve everything I have planned. Only because you are my lucky charm and the key to my success babe," I just don't understand what it is with the men in my life today and all this pet names, maybe it's just because I am not used to them but I guess they are sweet and they show how much they adore me.

Later on after having our lunch together, he went back to his study to work on some stuff and I took this time to inform Xavier of my decision and although he was reluctant he supported me and as for Nicole she just became dramatic about how I took away her prince charming forever but she was surely Happy for me. Xavier had explained to her about the true nature of my marriage and she was so sympathetic towards me but now she is very happy and excited for me and wishes me well. I just hope I made the right decision.

Yo it has been a minute but it was worth it. Anyway our gal was really conflicted but she finally made a decision and I truly wish her the best. I just hope that he will be good to her but I guess with the plan he has to get his inheritance back and use Kiki as a pawn am sure it won't end well for her.😔
Am sure you are quite curious to know where Vanessa went, so stay tuned for her grand re-entry into the love scene of Kim& Xander 🤭... mischief is on the way 😉.

Don't forget to vote,comment and share.😘