Episode 8 - Decision x By x Majority

The intro plays. "Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures..."

Killua groans. "Goooonnn."

Gon smiles. "Narrator appreciation! Let him introduce this to us!"

"It's the same lines over and over again. There is no point-"

"Ging hasn't heard it! Neither has Silva!"

"You were the one who skipped it last episode!"

Leorio takes his chance and swipes the remote, "You fools. It is finally my turn to have remote privileges. At long last, only eight episodes in, am I able to skip, pause, play whenever I wish-."

"You're taking so long, just skip already," Kurapika demands.

"Okay, okay."

As the intro, theme song and preview are skipped, Gon and Killua cease arguing, both in disbelief.

"Leorio?!! How could you skip over them?!!"

"Leorio?!! How could you have control over the remote?!!"

Leorio holds the remote proudly above his head, "Well, it's only fair that I-"

"Yoink!"

From behind, the remote is suddenly taken out of Leorio's weak grasp and in the hands of a grinning Alluka who skips back to her seat.

"Wha-"

"Hush, the episode is starting!"

Leorio falls silent at the young girl's chiding. Kurapika stifles a smile, 'He is never getting that remote for an entire episode.'

A title screen with DECISION X BY X MAJORITY? appears before a scenic view of hills showered in golden light is shown, with an airship slowly flying by. The narrator, as he always does, narrates, "Dawn breaks, as the airship carrying Gon and his friends approaches its destination. The Third Phase of the Hunter Exam is about to begin."

Gon snoozes peacefully on the floor as an announcement is made. He wakes up to Beans talking.

"How do you look so comfortable on the floor?" Killua half-asks, half-grumbles.

"Exhaustion will do that to you," Leorio says when Gon only shrugs sheepishly.

"I apologise for the delay. The airship will soon arrive at its destination." Gon immediately gets up, running to a circular window and jumping to look through it, sticking to the wall like a green, spider-child.

"Spider-Gon!"

"Spider-Gon!"

"Does whatever a Spider Gon does!"

"Can he swing, from a web?"

"Pro-bab-ly, 'cause he's Gon."

"Look ooouuutt, he's a Spider Gon!~" Alluka and Killua sing the last line together before exchanging self-satisfied smirks.

Gon sits next to them, laughing but utterly confused while Kurapika smiles bemusedly and Leorio applauds. Ging looks utterly uninterested and Silva stares as if his children have become brainwashed by a musical alien hivemind. Which in all honesty is a very high possibility.

"Wow!" He exclaims, "Is that where the next test will be held?"

A tower, in the middle of the green hills from before, is shown, with the airship heading towards it. A bird's eye view of the top of the tower presents the Hunter examinees as ants next to the airship, having disembarked next to it. There is then a pan of the examinees muttering among themselves.