Episode 1 - Departure x and x Friends

Daichi wo fumishimete kimi wa mezameteiku...

"Huh? What's this?" Killua asks as a sun rises and then Gon appears on screen.

"Oh, it must be an opening theme song or something!" Gon replies, excitedly, "This is an animated series, right? That's so cool! We have our own theme song!"

The words HUNTER X HUNTER appear on screen.

"That must be what the series is called." Kurapika quietly mutters.

Kurapika is then shown on screen, his eyes momentarily flashing red. Leorio is then shown and then Killua on his skateboard. The four of them are then displayed running towards Heavens Arena and then Hisoka and Illumi flash on screen before several Hunter examinees are shown. Netero and the Hunter examiners are then displayed and then the main four are shown fighting. Finally, Gon is portrayed after Hisoka does a beckoning sign and Gon runs with the silhouette of a bird.

No one comments, especially when Netero appears on screen.

"Fearsome monsters...Exotic creatures..."

"Who's talking?" Leorio wonders aloud.

"It must be a narrator of sorts. This animated series might be aimed at other people who might not know what hunters are?" Kurapika responds.

Leorio side glances at Kurapika who pointedly looks at the screen displaying magical beasts, treasures and foreign lands before turning to the screen himself, grumbling an inaudible "thanks."

"The word "unknown" holds magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known...as Hunters!" Silhouetted hunters flash on screen.

Gon stiffens at the familiar figure of Kite. Killua places a reassuring hand on Gon's shoulder. 

The words "Departure x And x Friends" appear on screen.

"Ooh, our episodes even have their own names." Gon whispers in awe, Kite forgotten. Killua, removes his hand.

Whale Island is shown. Gon is displayed, sitting patiently in a tree with a fishing rod and covered in leaves while surrounded by animals. 

"Ooh, ooh! That's me!" Gon says. The other three can't help but smile.

"Gon's still trying to catch the Lord of the Lake?"

"Huh?" Mito is shown. "Y-yes. He's been at it for a week, non-stop."

"You promised he could take the Hunter Exam if he caught the Lord of the Lake?"

"What a fool! Five adults couldn't manage to reel in that monster. How is a child supposed to catch that beast?"

"Mito-san doesn't want him taking the Hunter Exam."

"But Gon's old man was the same age when he caught it..."

"He can't do it."

The four knowingly smirk. "Can't do it, huh?" 

Gon tenses as the fishing rod bobs. As it begins to pull downwards into the lake, Gon screams, "Got him! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I got him good!" He then leaps around the tree, pulling onto the rod, looping it around a branch and yanking down, successfully drawing a giant blue fish out.

"Pfft!" Leorio almost chokes on his own spit. "That fish is huge!"

"Eh? It's not that big..." Killua says, side-eyeing Leorio who grumbles.