Episode 2 - Test x Of x Tests

Fearsome monsters...Exotic creatures...

"Hm? This again?" Leorio asks, upon recognizing the intro from the first episode.

"I guess it's just a way to introduce the episodes." Kurapika responds, "We can probably skip these."

"Hm? Ok!" Killua fast forwards the episode until the opening theme song.

Daichi wo fumishimete kimi wa mezameteiku...

"We can probably skip the opening song too, Killua." 

"Hah?! But I like the opening, though!" Gon shouts, waving his arms as if to prove his point-

"Okay!" The captain says-

"Aah! Killua! Did you just skip-"

"It's a waste of time."

"But-"

"It's just the same thing as the last episode. We don't need to see it again."

"I want to see it again, though!"

"LET'S JUST CONTINUE WITH THE SERIES!"

The two bickering children fall silent at Kurapika's shout. Leorio leans over and presses play on the remote Killua is holding.

"I'll take responsibility for bringing you three to the port closest to the exam site." The captain says.

Gon, Kurapika and Leorio smile, Gon cheering and jumping into the air.

The screen then flashes and the words "TEST x OF x TESTS" appear. 

"That's a nice title." Gon comments, "I wonder why the "x" is between the words. It's in the name of the series as well."

"Perhaps it's just a style or symbol to distinguish the series," Kurapika replies.

"So, is the "x" silent or..." Leorio trails off.

Killua snorts, "Yeah, sure. I guess we're watching Test-ex-of-ex-Tests and not Tests-of-Tests."

"It is quite a mouthful so I'd assume the "x" is silent," Kurapika says.

"Does that mean the series is not called Hunter-ex-Hunter but just Hunter Hunter?" Gon asks.

"I suppose so."

"Cool."

"Wait, I'm still confused-"

Kurapika ignores Leorio as he takes the remote from Killua and rewinds the episode which had continued to play without them.

Killua snorts at Leorio before taking the remote back from Kurapika as they continue to watch from where they left off.

The screen pans over a place called Dolle Harbour. The narrator's voice speaks, "After winning the captain's favour, the trio of Gon, Kurapika and Leorio arrived safely at Dolle Harbour."

"I wonder who the narrator is?" Gon mumbles.

"Shut up, Gon. We can't watch this if you keep interrupting." Killua elbows Gon in the side, earning a light yelp and a sheepish apology.

Leorio and Kurapika smile exasperatedly. 

Gon shakes hands with the captain, "Thanks, Captain! I had a great time!"

The captain laughs wholeheartedly, "I had fun too. Right! As a token of my appreciation, I'll give you some advice."

"Advice?" Gon looks up at the Captain.