Episode 6 - A x Surprising x Challenge

The familiar intro music plays, followed by the roar of a magical beast as the narrator speaks. "Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures..."

Killua glances at Gon, knowing that the determined boy would watch through the entire intro and opening song. He groans, not bothering to hide it, as Alluka chides him before falling into the same enrapture as Gon, causing Killua to groan again. Kurapika sighs, motioning at the former assassin to be quiet and sit through.

"...They are known... as Hunters!"

Daichi wo fumishimete kimi wa mezameteiku...

"Dadada da dadadadada, dada da dadadadada!!!" Gon sings loudly to the tune of the opening, not knowing the words to the upbeat theme song.

Killua groans, sinking into the couch as best as he can while Alluka joins in.

"Nuuuuu, kiiilll meeee!!" Killua complains, covering his ears when Alluka hops to his other side so that she and Gon sandwich him, still singing to the opening song.

Leorio bursts into laughter, seeing Killua's misery as the two energetic children attempt to coax him into joining them. He turns to Kurapika who covers his smile with a hand, the two trading looks.

"I suppose Alluka wasn't wrong. Mystery Voice did try to make this as enjoyable as possible for everyone," Kurapika notes.

"I don't think Killua is enjoying this much," Leorio remarks.

Kurapika glances back at the children, Killua's grumble obviously straining as his lips quirk just the tiniest bit up and light pink flushes across his cheeks. "Baaka! Your singing is so bad! Why are you smiling? Stop looking at me like that! Shut up!"

Kurapika shakes his head, "Killua is definitely enjoying this."

...Tachiagareee!!!

"Oh thank god, it's over," Killua mutters, sitting back up.

Gon and Alluka pant a little, catching their breaths, but nonetheless, beaming brightly.

"Killuaaa, you should sing with us next time!" Gon pauses the episode as he hugs Killua's arm, resting his face on the other's shoulder.

"Nuh uh," Killua replies, "I wouldn't sing even if my life depended on it."

"What if my life depended on it?" Alluka asks.

"Hah?!"

Gon leans closer, "I bet Killua has a nice voice! Like an angel's voice!"

"Whaaa?!?" Killua flushes deeply, shrugging Gon off, "B-Baka!! I- H- Wha- What is this? Why am I being double-teamed?"

"Onii-chan, sing me a lullaby!" Alluka smiles in a Nanika-like manner.

"Ch-Chottomatte!"

"Okay, okay," Kurapika interrupts, "Why don't we sing later and watch now instead?"

"Haiii!"

Gon and Alluka back off, settling into their seats as Killua is able to have his personal space again. Gon unpauses the episode.

A hand closes over the screen, Gon choking as Hisoka holds him in the air by the neck.

"Arghh!" Leorio startles, causing Kurapika to glance at him worriedly.

"Is something wrong, Leorio? This just happened, remember?"

"I know! It's just- it was so sudden. And I kinda forgot."

"It was just a few minutes ago. It's not like weeks have passed."

"Kinda feels like it for some reason, though. Maybe because outside, the world is moving incredibly slow while we're stuck in this time bubble."