Episode 9 - Beware x Of x Prisoners

The intro, opening song and recap are skipped.

There is a title screen with BEWARE X OF X PRISONERS and then Trick Tower in all its glory is seen as the narrator speaks, "The Third Phase of the exam is taking place at Trick Tower, a prison for long-term prisoners."

"Yes, the floor is made of floor," Killua remarks.

Gon lightly elbows him, "Don't be mean to Narrator-san!"

The screen flashes through the flame torches on the corners of the centre platform where Gon and Sedokan face each other, settling on a bird eye's view of the two. "Gon and his friends have chosen to partake in a five-on-five battle with some of the prisoners." Killua, Leorio, Kurapika and Tonpa are shown with the former three watching forward and the latter leaning against a wall with his arms crossed, appearing quite disgruntled.

"Pfft, look at Tonpa," Killua snickers.

"I'd rather not." Leorio wrinkles his nose.

Alluka gasps, causing Kurapika to pause.

"Oni-chan and Leorio are mimicking each other!"

On screen, the two indeed seem to be mirroring each other with a hand in their pocket.

Killua lets out an absolutely horrified (and exaggerated) gasp while Leorio chortles. "Aww, Killua, if I didn't know better I would have thought you were trying to be like me!"

"Never!!!"

Kurapika sighs fondly and resumes the episode.

"Due to Tonpa's actions, they've already suffered one loss." The prisoners appear on screen, all hooded and shadowed except for Bendot who is only half in the dark. "The next round..." Gon is seen at a tilted angle with Killua and Leorio (who no longer has a hand in his pocket!) and Kurapika's right foot in frame behind him.

"Leorio! For shame! You removed your hand!" Gon proclaims dramatically.

Killua cackles. "There could only be one!!!"

"What the hell is wrong with you people?" Ging asks, completely ignoring the fact that he is still holding onto a huge, pink teddy bear with matching ears adorning his head.

"...Will pit Gon against Sedokan." The screen pans up Sedokan. "What will happen in the upcoming battle?" Dramatic (but totally awesome) drumming can be heard in the background.

"Ahh, the production is so good," Alluka smiles, "It certainly sets the tone."

"It's so needlessly dramatic, though," Killua says.

Kurapika looks at the ex-assassin with a deadpan stare, "Do tell me more about dramatics."

"Kurapika, I don't think you can talk much either," Leorio whispers.

"Now, then..." Sedokan speaks, subtext restating 'Sedokan' and '149-year sentence, serial bombings'. "As you can see, I'm not very strong. I don't really enjoy fistfights or other physical activities, such as running and jumping."

"I do," Gon says, "But I'm not too good at using my head."

"If this was anyone else, I would call them a fool for so readily telling the opponent their weaknesses," Ging mutters, eliciting a hum of agreement from everyone. They wait for him to continue but the man returns to watching the scene.

"As I thought," Sedokan says, "So I came up with a simple game we could both play."

"A game?"

"Yes. It doesn't rely on either mental or physical activity."

"Mhmmm," Leorio hums.

Kurapika subtly whacks him on the knee for Gon. "Don't be a spoilsport," he whispers.