Episode 7 - Showdown x On The x Airship

Ging stands in the doorway of the bathroom, surveying the room and its current occupants.

Mystery Voice speaks up, "Ahaha, finally. I got Ging Freecs here. Well, I'm sure you all know the drill by now but I'll say it again for Ging-san. You've been brought to watch the past adventures of Gon and his development as a Hunter. The others have already started but I'm sure they can fill you in. Have an enjoyable time!"

Everyone is quiet for a while before Leorio breaks the silence.

"Oi, I've still got a bone to pick with you-!"

"Leorio!" Gon interrupts, standing between his friend and his father, "It's okay. There's no need to fight."

"Gon, you and your father don't have a normal relationship. It isn't fair that he doesn't care about you!"

"But Leorio, what defines a normal relationship? Everyone has different relationships with each other. You might have had a different experience with your father. But Ging and I have a mutual understanding and I'm okay with it. Anyways, Mito-san has always been my parent to me! I don't need Ging to be that."

"That's not the problem!"

Killua interrupts in a harsh tone, "Just get over it. Can we watch the episode? The faster we get through everything, the sooner we'll never have to deal with this again."

Alluka squirms in her seat and agrees with her brother. "I'd also like to avoid this talk."

Leorio clenches his fists. "This isn't right. For all three of you. You shouldn't have to be raised that way or neglected by your dads.-"

"Leorio, just let it be," Kurapika says eyeing the situation. He notices that Killua and Alluka have huddled further away from their father, although they don't seem to fear him, Alluka more uneasy and unsure how to feel while Killua looks over her protectively. From what he recalls, Killua said his father and older brother trained him to become a top-tier assassin so that he could be the next heir. He had been fed poison and forced through torture training and despite everything, he still had the heart to smile and care about those he loved.

It was stupid of Kurapika to think so, but he wondered if Killua truly hated his father. He had to, right? After all, that man chose a life for Killua that no child should ever have to go through, especially when it's forced upon by their parents. Kurapika then wondered if Alluka truly hated her father? From the little interaction he had witnessed between the two so far, it seemed like Silva didn't even consider Alluka as a human, much less his daughter. Yet Alluka showed no resent, rather just a fearful discomfort that was eased by Killua's presence. Did the two Zoldycks consider Silva as a father? Perhaps Killua did. Killua might have respected his father at some point but had the novelty worn off with the Alluka/Nanika incident?

And what about Silva himself? Did he consider Killua and Alluka as his children? Well... did he consider Killua as his child? Evidently, the assassin saw him as an heir to the family business but did he see Killua as someone who had an unhealthy addiction to chocolate, an immense love for his sister and a mischievous cheeky side that relentlessly teased and mocked others? Or was everything just business to him?

Kurapika supposes that's better than Silva treating his children that way out of pure pleasure. It doesn't excuse him whatsoever, though. He knows that Silva cares about Killua at the very least, but whether it is because he truly sees him as a son or only an heir, Kurapika is unsure. Either way, Killua was doing better without his father and so was Alluka. It wasn't his right to butt in.

And with Gon, the green-haired child showed zero malice at all towards his father. If anything, Kurapika felt that Gon was perfectly happy with the situation he had with Ging. But should he? Was it right that Gon was satisfied with Mito as a parent rather than his biological father who should have been there for Gon throughout his childhood? In fact, Gon was still in his childhood and he had already endured terrible things no other children should have, all just to find his father who had left him for his own selfish desires.