Episode 4 - Hope x and x Ambition

The intro begins.

Kurapika is about to press the skip button when Gon yells.

"Wait! You can't skip, Kurapika! Alluka hasn't seen all of this!"

"Hmm? Oh, right. I suppose we can watch all this for Alluka then. But we'll make it quick and watch it at x2 speed."

"But-"

"We're wasting time."

Gon pouts as the intro, opening song and recap plays at x2 speed.

The intro and opening song plays. The recap of the last episode plays as Satotz speaks, "The Hunter Exam will now begin! I am Satotz, the Phase One examiner. You must follow me to Phase Two. This is the exam's First Phase." The title screen is shown with Hope x And x Ambition. 

Kurapika changes the video speed back to normal.

The Hunter Examinees are shown running as the narrator talks, "Two hours have passed since the start of the exam. The applicants have travelled over thirty kilometres from the start. None of them knows how far they must go. They are forced to run at the leader's pace, with no goal specified. It's a monotonous course with no end in sight. And many applicants have already dropped out."

"Who's speaking?" Alluka whispers.

"Some dumb narrator," Killua whispers back.

"The narrator isn't dumb!" Gon retorts.

"Be quiet and watch!" Leorio hisses.

They fall silent.

Nicolas is shown huffing as he runs with his laptop open. 'Extrapolating from historical data, this exam type usually involves a forty kilometre course. My calculations suggest that we are nearing the goal...' He jogs behind Satotz with a happy expression, believing he would pass the First Phase easily. 

Leorio is shown heaving as he jogs clumsily, 'I underestimated the Hunter Exam. Every person here is a monster. It's a gathering of monsters...'

A familiar white-haired boy suddenly skates by.

"Is that you, Onii-chan?" 

"Heck yeah!"

"Hey! Wait up, kid!" Leorio yells angrily and Killua passes him.

"Hmm?" Killua glances at Leorio.

Leorio waves his fist, "You should show the Hunter Exam some respect!"

"What do you mean?" Killua asks.

"Why are you using a skateboard? That's cheating!"

"Why?"

"Why... This is an endurance test!"

"No, it isn't!" Gon pipes up from behind.

"Huh?" Leorio turns to the smaller green boy, "Gon, what are you saying?"

Gon replies, "The examiner only told us to follow him."

"Whose side are you on, eh?" Leorio shouts.

Killua skates towards Gon, "Hey, how old are you?"

"I'm twelve years old!" Gon says.

"Hmm..." Killua blinks owlishly, 'We're the same age.'

Gon blinks as he notices Killua's stance change, "Huh?"

Killua flips his skateboard, landing on his feet and running alongside Gon as he catches his skateboard and tucks it under his arm. "Guess I'll run too."