Prologue

Gon had been climbing up the World Tree. 

He had been climbing up to meet Ging and was about a good quarter way up when a cloud surrounded him and it felt like he was being lifted up. 

Except, the "lifting up" feeling wasn't just lifting up but also dropping down and swirling around and being tossed around in arching loops until Gon realised that he wasn't even on the World Tree let alone near it. 

In fact, Gon had no idea where he was and he couldn't tell either because the clouds were blocking his line of vision and there was not even a small breeze or a single trace of smell which Gon could identify apart from his own rusty scent.

And suddenly he was falling into an abyss of unknown.

~~~

Killua had been with Alluka.  Killua had been with Alluka, waiting at the airport and was about to board an aircraft when he realised that he wasn't stepping into an aircraft but a cloud which trapped him in its suffocating - except, it didn't feel suffocating - embrace and made him feel numb of thoughts and feelings.

Killua noted that he was going somewhere but that he wasn't the one moving and that the cloud wasn't moving either, despite the dizzying motions which attempted to trick Killua into thinking that the cloud really was moving.

And then suddenly, Killua was moving - not the cloud but Killua himself - and not on his own will but because he had suddenly started falling and he was falling into an unknown abyss. 

~~~

Kurapika had been thinking. He had been thinking and staring at shining red eyes which stared back at him until his eyes started to fog from staring too much.

Except, the fog wasn't because his eyes were tired but because a cloud had suddenly chained Kurapika to- another cloud? Or was it the same cloud? 

Kurapika realised that he was being hypnotised (was he?) and that he was being tumbled and flipped over without actually tumbling nor flipping. The clouds appeared to tighten around him, going right up against him until it felt like Kurapika had clouds in his mouth and up his nose.

And then the clouds were suddenly gone as Kurapika found himself falling into an unknown abyss.

~~~

Leorio had been at his desk. Leorio had been at his desk surrounded by medical books when the books were suddenly replaced with clouds and Leorio was in a cloud and- holy- did Leorio suddenly die and go to heaven because there were way too many clouds and this was not normal.

On second thought, Leorio realised that even if there were suddenly thousands of clouds hogging up the room, there was no way he would be in heaven because one: he's not dying anytime soon and two: while he may be a good person, he's still fairly certain that he has committed way too many sins (he's not a rapist whatsoever, but he is a pervert and perhaps jacking off in a public bathroom was a little too much) to actually go to heaven.

So Leorio concludes that he is, in fact, not in heaven but before he can think about anything else like why does it feel like he's suddenly become fairy floss and is being spun round and around into a teeth-destroying confectionery, the clouds are gone.