35: Cursed

Natasha's POV

" Who's the moon goddess and what's mates? How can I be one when I don't even know what it is? " I asked. 

" Haven't you read any of the online werewolf stories? " Ji asked with disbelief. When I tried to answer her, I found Erik intensely digging daggers in her skull by staring. 

As if feeling the daggers, Ji turned and gave an apologetic smile to Erik. 

" We, werewolves worship Moon goddess, " Professor Tenison gave a point. 

" Yeah, not only werewolves, moon goddess is known as to be the goddess of all living things. Every creature goes to sleep at night with the hope that she will protect them at any cost. As per the kind, each and every species such as werewolf, Vampire, Witches and Wizards, Dragons and Humans would have a respective mate most likely the chosen one for them. Sometimes mates between humans are super rare. The selection of mates between different species is somewhat rare but the werewolf and vampire clan have many mates with the other clan members. For example, Jison, my brother is a werewolf, where his newfound mate by second chance Ji, my sister is a vampire. " Erik pointed at both his siblings. 

I looked at them and nodded while trying to imply my thoughts. But I also found him whispering the last thing when he mentioned that Jison, his brother and Ji were mates. 

" So according to that specific nature you, Natasha Dark, is chosen for me and to be mentioned, you weren't as normal as you thought. But a rare living who was destined to be born in a cruel world to help bring back the lost humanity. " He said, nervously rubbing his temple in the meantime. I could notice the determination in his eyes. 

" How will I do that? Even though I don't know what the things you're talking about are, in this state, how will I manage to bring back the humanity you're talking about?! " I screamed to which he stood unbothered. 

" You aren't going to do anything and I'll always be by your side. When I said the lost humanity, The witches and wizard kind are the evilest of all. Because they're trying to find you to kill you along with the help of Demons so that you won't bring back vitality to the world. Though some of the witches and wizards are still by moon goddess to bring back the said Vitality. They are here to protect you until they're destroyed from the world. " he said pointing at the five men including my brother. What is he going to do?

" If then, you're too supposed to bring humanity back by destroying them. What's there for me to do here?? " I asked, not knowing how to respond.

" No, I... I'm not the one who's here to do that. I'm supposed to secure this world and you from myself. " I whipped my head towards him with disbelief. 

_Did he just tell me that he's going to protect me from himself?_

" What do you mean? " I snapped harshly, making him sigh. 

" You know what, you can't believe what I'm going to say, so why care to ask?! " Erik snapped with a grimace directed straight towards my eyes. 

Suddenly he was strange. Erik would never avoid me like this. But this Erik seemed to be the real one. 

" I don't care what I believe in, I need answers. What do you mean by saying, you're supposed to secure the world and myself from you?! " I investigated with so much fury.

" Daniel, care to explain. I'll be out. " Erik said, marching out like a gust of wind. I stumbled on my steps and looked at the path where he disappeared. But the path was indeed empty, not with the trace of him. 

" What does he think about me? He took me somewhere I couldn't find and he just left me like that?!  '' I shouted, not believing the fact that he just left me like this.