Part 6

--- 2 weeks later ---

It had been a week since Christopher and I had our first date and we had spent more and more time together but I hadn't talked to him in 2 days, I had recently caught a cold and now I sat sobbing and laying around on my couch in my room when I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I say blowing my nose into my jacket sleeve. I looked for tissues but couldn't locate any, which was nasty but when your sick it doesn't matter much.

"Emily? Are you okay? You haven't been responding- are you crying?" Christopher's voice sounded through the phone concerned.

"I'm sick." I say, my voice muffled by the sound of my constant sniffling.

"I'm coming over." Before I could object the line went dead. Chris was on his way here. I sat curled up on the couch. Books and movies piled high on the coffee table. My cup of tea empty, I was to lazy to get up and make myself another since my mom was at work and Alana at school. I had my pillow or should I say pillows scattered on the floor and on the couch and two blankets on my body. Every time I got sick my body temperature would drop. Which resulted in the multiple blankets and pillows. I watched as Harry, Ron and Hermione walked into the Great Hall to see the wounded and dead. Which of them included Lupin, Tonks and of course Fred. All the time I would cry, no matter how many times I would watch it. Soon the doorbell rang.

"It's open!" I shout. Chris then walks over and rushes over to me.

"Oh Emily. I have been worried about you. You haven't answered my texts or calls." He then clears off my pillows and I move my legs and he sits next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'll try not to get you sick." I then sneeze into my arm looking back up with a weak smile on my face.

"I'm sorry love. Do you need anything?" I nod, picking up my tea cup.

"Could you pour me another cup of tea?"

"Of course." Then he takes the cup and then walks into the kitchen, returning moments later with a fresh cup of tea.

"Thank you." I say with a cough which was then followed by a sneeze.

"Sorry." I mumble.

Chris smiles and then pulls me close to him and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Don't apologize. You're sick, it is perfect all right."

Then we sat together watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I felt sleepy and then happened to fall asleep right before Harry saw Snape's memories of Lily.

***
I wake up in my bed. My covers nicely draped over me and my pillows all lined up against my head board. Rubbing my eyes I get out of bed and walk into the kitchen.

"Feeling any better?" Chris sits at the breakfast bar reading.

"I guess. I still feel horrible and my headache has increased." I say pouring myself another cup of tea.

"Emily. You're shaking." Chris walks over to me and takes my free hand.

"Good god Emily. You're hands are so cold. Come on." We both walk back into my room and I crawl back into bed.

"Where is your medicine kept?"

"In the kitchen, by the coffee pot." I look at him as if he just asked me a idiotic question.

"Only asking because people keep it in different places." He leaves the room and comes back with two pills and a glass of water.

"Here." I take them and then lay my head on my pillow.

"Being sick sucks." I groan.

"It's okay. You'll be okay." Chris lays next to me and I rest my head on his chest. He fiddles with my hair and I once again begin to drift off to sleep before Chris gently kisses me.

"Chris..." I whisper.

"I'll get you sick." Instead of a response Chris kisses me once again and then whispers something softly in my ear. What he said sent a rush of warmth though my body.

"I love you Emily."

I apologize for a short section. I'll try to make Part 7 longer and more interesting. This Part was just to fill some space, I guess. Thank you all so much for 300 reads! Means a lot!
Lots of love!
- Katrina xx