Surprise!!

So I recently thought of something really adorable and it involves Chris and Emily's child, so I hope you enjoy!

**********

"Mommy!" Adaline called my name as she toddled into the kitchen, wearing her pink fluffy pajamas and her teddy bear in one hand. Chris and I were finishing up the dishes and we both looked at each other and smiled.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Can you tell me a bedtime story? Pleaseeeeee?" She grinned her cute little childish grin and made puppy dog eyes, which most of the time always worked.

"Okay. Come on, let's go to your room."
Adaline then skipped out of the room and to her room.

"Do you mind finishing up the dishes?" I asked Chris, as he was drying a pot.

"Go ahead." He said kissing me on the cheek before I left the room.

"Mommy! Story time!" Adaline squealed as I walked in the room.

"Okay, okay. What would you like to hear tonight? Beauty and the Beast? The Little Mermaid?" I asked, sitting down on the bed and wrapping my arm around my daughter.

"Not that mommy, I want to hear how Daddy and you met and fell in love."

"Oh." I whispered, taking a deep breath.

"Well..." I began. "It all started when I was working part time at the book store. I was a junior in college and I had a passion for books. I loved them."

"I know mommy. You and daddy's room is full of them."

"Yes, yes. In fact it was a book that brought us together. Now my boss Mrs. Nancy Debolt had me stacking shelves. It was quite a long process, it's slightly harder than you think it is. Well as I was putting books on the shelf, a guy came up to me and asked me where I can find a book and said that it would be in the young adult section and I pointed to where it was. He then ten mumbled thanks and blushed, backing up right into the shelf knocking over the books I just had stacked. That guy was your dad, Chris."

"Aw mommy. That is so cute!" She said all giggly.

"So he felt bad and offered to help me stack them all again. Finally it came down to the last book and we both reached for it. Our hands touching. Instantly we both blushed and the book happened to be the one he asked me for earlier. I then began rambling on about how good it was and then paused, realizing how nerdy I sounded. Then after 'The Great Book Incident', what your dad and I call it, we became friends and we would always spent time together. I got him to read the Lord of the Rings, and many other books and Dad soon the graduated college and I was in my final year." I paused for a moment because Adaline was jumping up and down all excited. I gave her a stern look and she settled down.

"As I was saying, the following year I graduated and your dad and I were in love. Well of course we have been for a while now but- well that is not important but it was a year after graduation and we sat in at our usual seat in the café and then dad got down on one knee and proposed."

"And I said,
'"Emily. From the minute I first bumped into you here. I could not stop thinking about you. You changed my life after I met you. You showed me and taught me things I would have never taught to actually try myself. I found that missing piece of my life that day. You. Emily I love you, I love you more than anything in the world. I don't know what I would do if I haven't meet you. Emily Jones. Will you marry me?"'

I then turned my head and saw Chris standing there in the doorway and I wondered how long he had been there for. I then looked down and the covers and blushed.

"You remembered all that?" I whispered.

"Of course I did. I had practiced for 3 months."

"Oh mommy, daddy! That was better than any princess story ever! I loved it!"

"Thanks Adie." I then kissed her gently on her forehead. Now time to get to bed.

"We love you Adaline." Chris and I said in unison before walked out the door.

"Goodnight mommy, daddy." She yawned before drifting off to sleep.

Holy crap! 800 reads! I know that may not seem like a lot but it honestly mean so much to me! I hope you all thought this was cute because I did! (I get my best ideas in Spanish and Algebra, my MOST boring subjects!) thank you all so much for this. It makes me really happy! :) lots of love to you all!

- Kat xx