Part 10

Today was the day. My marriage. I loved Chris so much but then why did I feel like crap? Everyone had come down for the wedding. My grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Chris' family came as well. It was complete chaos the past five days. People flying in from different states, last minute wedding preperations, all of it. The wedding rehersal was the other day and my bachlorette party was the day before. The wedding would take place this Saturday afternoon at 1 pm in St. John's Church. It was 10 am now so I had a while before I had to leave but I was currently sitting in a chair getting my makeup and hair done.

"Oh honey you look absouetly lovely!" my mom said and Molly nodded in response as to agree with my mom. Alana was getting ready with the bridesmaids, Selena as well.
After my hair and makeup was complete Melinda looked at me and smiled warmly.

"Oh Em, you look stunning. You look like an angel."

"Thank you Melinda." Melinda was a close friend of my mother's. I had known her since I was 5 years old.

"Em, you have a while before you have to get in your dress. Why don't you go do something to take your mind off of things. I can tell you're nervous."my mom says to me as I once again shove another gummy worm into my mouth.

"And stop eating all those gummy worms!" She grabbed the bag from my hands and then walked off to finish getting ready. I then walk out into the living room and turn on the tv and resume playing The Return of the King.
I got up to the part where Sam is carrying Frodo up Mt. Doom.

"Em, you need to get in your dress now. We'll be leaving to go to the church in a few moments."

"Oh my god! Is it time already?! Right. Could you help me Alana?"

"I would love too." Alana then helped me zip up my dress and then I looked at myself in the mirror. My gown was beautiful. It was all white lace. Nothing to extravagant or overly expensive. The lace was plain and simple but yet beautiful. I smiled as my fingers traced the small flower patterns before Alana told me to come.

Everyone then piled into the white limo and we drove down to the church. There wasn't much of a conversation but that was alright with me because my mind was swimming with thoughts.
Soon it was time for me to walk down the aisle. The wedding march began to play and the big mahogany church doors opened and I slowly walked down.

I looked up and Chris and he stood there, nicely dressed in a tuxedo, a smile placed upon his face. I then made up to the steps of the alter and Chris took my hands. Then Fr. Jim began,

"Family and friends, today we are gathered here to witness and celebrate the union of Christopher James Thompson and Emily Marie Jones. Over the past few years, they have grown in their relationship and love and now they are here to make their hearts one. Now Christopher, repeat after me." Chris nodded and began,

"I love you Emily, I know that you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and I am grateful that you came into my life, that where others have spent their entire lives looking for the other one, I have found you. And now that I have found you, I shall never let you go. I promise you Emily, that I shall hold you and cherish you, and give you my heart, that I shall support you and care for you. Faithfully, I shall always stand steadfast by your side with you hand in mine, regardless of what life would bring us. I take you now as my wife and I shall remain so for the rest of my life."

I can feel the tears start to well up in my eyes but I blink them away.

"Now Emily, repeat after me."

"I love you Christopher,I know that you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and I am grateful that you came into my life, that where others have spent their entire lives looking for the other one, I have found you. And now that I have found you, I shall never let you go. I promise you Christopher, that I shall hold you and cherish you, and give you my heart, that I shall support you and care for you. Faithfully, I shall always stand steadfast by your side with you hand in mine, regardless of what life would bring us. I take you now as my husband and I shall remain so for the rest of my life."

There was a moment of silence then Fr. Jim says "The rings please." Kyle slowly walks over and hands us the rings. We each place them on eachothers fingers and say,

"With this ring, we now wed and we join our hearts as one."

Then was cheering but it was just a small buzz to my ears.

"Now with the power vested in me, I pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Thompson. Christopher you may kiss the bride."

Christopher pulls me close to him and I wrap my arms around his neck and we kiss. Even louder cheering erupts from the crowed church and I glance over at my mom and family and they are crying. Happy tears. We now walk down the asile together as a married couple. We make our way out of the church and Chris says to me.

"I am the luckiest man in the world right now. I am now married to the most beautiful woman in the world. I love you Emily."

"Chris, I love you too." We both then walk through the mahogany doors, hand in hand.

Yay!!! They are now married! So there will be an epilogue and that will be the next update. Sorry that it will be the last update but I love you all so much! Thank you for all your reads!!!

- Kat xx