Part 8

It has now been six months since Chris and I started dating. Now was the time for spring break. I got really excited because I got to get off from work for a whole week. I was really looking forward to spending time with Alana and my mom, as well as Chris. I parked my car in the stone driveway and I got out walking up the porch and to the front door. I was home for a two weeks. No boss, no work, no waking up early and no school. I changed out of my uniform shirt and put on a t-shirt. I had a few hours before my mom and Alana got home so I flopped on the couch and decided to take a nap.

***

I woke up to a soft ringing in my ear. I sat upright looking around to see what had made the sound until I looked at my phone.

"Hello?" I said still half a sleep.

"Emily. Do you have any plans for tonight?" Chris. His voice sounded over the other end of the phone.

"Uh no. Why?"

"Fantastic. I'll pick you up at seven."

And with those last few words he hung up. I groan laying my head back on the pillow. Chris has done this countless other times. He'd call and ask if I was busy and like usual my response would be a no, then he'd tell me when he'd pick me up.

Seven came around and I got dressed in a nice pair of black jeans and a nice blouse. I waited on the porch chair and soon Chris parked his car in the driveway. He honked his horn and I walked down the small steps and got in.

"Hi Emily."

"Hey Chris."

"So where are you taking me?"

"Oh well you'll see once we pull into the lot."

I nodded, then went silent for the rest of the ride and all I heard was the radio playing.

Yes, I do, I believe that one day I will be where I was right there, right next to you...

And it's hard, the days just seem so dark
The moon, the stars, are nothing without you...

Your touch, your skin, where do I begin? No words can explain the way I'm missing you...

The night, this emptiness, this hole that I'm inside
These tears they tell their own story...

I was enjoying the song and just looking at the scenery that I was passing by before I actually realized that the car was parked and Chris said my name.

"Emily."

"Yeah?" I look at him, only now snapping back into reality and looking around at where we were.

"You ready?"

"For? You never actually told me where you were taking me." I say as I get out of the car and meet Chris, our fingers intertwining with each others.

"Tonight you are going to meet my family." he said before we stepped into the restaurant, which happened to be a semi-formal one. I looked down at what I was wearing and scowled.

"Christopher. You could not have told me where the hell we were going before I got in the car?" I say annoyed. I looked at him, my eyes turning to slits.

"I'm sorry Em but I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Well surpise accomplished." I say sarcastically, placing my hands on my hips.

"Emily, please. My parents and younger siblings are really looking forward to meeting you. I have told them so much about you."

"Alright, but that still doesn't mean I am not still annoyed with you Mr." We both walked inside the restaurant, hand in hand. A lady then escorted us to where Christopher's family were all sitting.

"Hi Mom, Dad, hi Kyle, Selena ."

"Christopher! So wonderful to see you again!" His mother stood up and hugged him, her curly red hair falling in her face.

"And who may this lovely young lady be?" His mother faced me and I watched as her eyes scanned all my features.

"I am Emily Jones. Pleased to meet you Mrs. Thompson." I say putting on the nicest smile I could manage, considering that I was still slightly aggravated with Chris.

"Lovely to meet you dear. And please call me Molly!" she said pulling me into a tight hug.

"This is my husband, Robert, and my other two children Kyle and Selena."

Kyle and Selena both smiled at me and I returned the smile and I then shook hands with Mr. Thompson, who had then stood up and was standing next to his wife.

"So Emily, dear tell us about yourself." Molly said as Chris and I took our seats at the table.

"Well I uh... I am 19 years old and I currently am a sophomore in college, I will be a junior this up coming school year. My major is in English/ Creative Writing and I am a big reader. I have a younger sister named Alana, who is a freshman in high school. My mother is a RN and my father died back when I was younger."

"How did you and Christopher meet?" Mr. Thompson said, glaring at me.

"Well we meet at a bookstore."

"Yes, we did," began Chris. "I had knocked over the display she had just set up and I felt really guilty about it so I helped her set it back up and she told me about how her boss was such a bitch-"

"Christopher James Thompson! Language." Molly scolded and he looked down at his dinner plate cussing under his breath.

"Yes. She is." I say giggling.

"Continue on dear." Molly encouraged so I did. Everyone listened as I spoke and occasionally someone would ask a question. After dinner was over I said my goodbyes to Christopher's family and then Chris drove me back to my house. I had also learned so much about his family just as equally as much they have learned about me.

"Chris I have to say I was slightly nervous meeting your family at first but then I eased up after the really friendly welcome from your mom." I simply state as Chris walks me to my front door.

"Great and it was obvious that they liked you as well. I am certainly glad that you did like them because they may be your future family. I have to go but I will call you tomorrow." Chris then kissed me lightly on my cheek and then dashed down the steps and into his car before I had a chance to respond.

Future family. Did that mean that he was possibly going to propose to me soon?

Okay guys that is the end of Part 8! Sorry for kinda leaving it with a cliff hanger and also sorry for not updating in a while and also sorry that this part is kinda crappy. Been busy with school and testing, always so much fun but I will be sure to update later this week or next Wednesday. I'm going to try to make Wednesday the days that I update. But omg thank you all so much for over 500 reads! I was literally so excited soon it will be 1K, just the thought makes me really excited! So thank you all, I love you all and I'm not quite sure but I am really excited for Friday! But yes thanks again for the 500 reads! :D

- Kat xx