Chapter 14

(I'd like to apologise for any grief caused by my last chapter, my sincerest sorries. On with the story now)

You sat back down on your bed.

Shit, wait.

You turned your head to your roommate.

"Uh, Mikasa?"

"Yeah, yeah, I've learned the drill by now" She got up, grabbed a coat and walked out the door.

"Okayyy" You fidgeted with your fingers for a minute before standing up. "I need a snack.."

You wandered over to the cupboard and swung it open, looking for something to eat.

"Nothing good.. Ugh" You sighed and went back to your bed. You check the time. Only 2 minutes had passed.

You sighed and laid down. "Maybe a short nap.."

You were woken very rudely by the sound of knocking on the door.

"I'm coming, give me a minute.." Your voice trailed off as it stretched into a yawn.

You got up and walked slowly over to the door. The knocking grew more impatient.

"I'm opening it now, god" You finally opened the door, to be greeted by a tall blonde.

"Y/N, did you fall asleep?" Yelena tilted her head.

You tried to cover another yawn with a cough. "No..?"

She laughed and walked into the room. You closed the door behind her.

"So.. What do you want to do?" You asked.

"Are you a good cook, Y/N?"

You think for a minute. "Well, I'm not a terrible cook but not really a master chef"

She nodded. "Good enough"

"Why do you ask?"

She dumped the contents of a bag on the table. "Pancakes?"

Your eyes widened. "Sure, why not?"

You walked over to your stove and turned it on.

"Ever made pancakes before?" She asked.

You nodded. "Like a couple times as a kid"

You both began weighing the ingredients and mixing it together to form the batter.

"It's kinda watery" You added more flour.

"What are you doing? It has to be liquidy to make thinner pancakes"

"But it's literally water.They won't be fluffy. These will basically be crepes" You looked down at it.

"Same thing"

You wanted to say something, but was an argument about pancakes really the most important thing right now?

You sigh. "Crepes it is"

She patted your cheek. "I knew you'd come to your senses eventually"

You glared at her for a couple seconds before pouring the batter into a pan. "These better be nice"

"Of course they'll be. I helped after all" She said with a grin.

You flip it and finish making the first pancake. You put it onto a plate and try a bit. "Oh fuck, ew. More sugar"

Yelena obeys and puts a couple more grams of sugar into the batter.

You tried the new, improved batter. "Oh this is way better" You used up the rest of it and finally had a plate neatly stacked with pancakes.