CHAPTER 04

"Like those foolish imbeciles?"

"Yes," I silently chuckled because of her response, "like those foolish imbeciles, Shoko-chan."

──────────── ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʀᴇᴄᴀᴘ

"Shopping District"
↪ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱʜɪɴʀᴀ ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ

"Where are we going, Master?" I curiously asked to Arataka-sensei while walking beside him.

"Well, one of my loyal customers told me that there are a lot of spirits roaming around here." He then lift his left hand to point out the open entrance of an abandoned shopping district. "My customer said that the owner of this place is willing to pay a large sum of money to anyone who could exorcised those spirits."

"A large sum?"

"Yes, maybe up to six zeroes," he uncertainly replied before stretching his arms. "I'm not totally sure, Mob. I just apply then, whoosh! Here we are."

"B-But what if the owner didn't pay you, Mas—"

"Reputation is more important than money, Mob!" he said with a pure determination in his voice. "And I will surely going to have a bad reputation in psychic community if we backed out!"

"A-Ah, I didn't know! So-Sorry for asking, Mas—"

"As long as you will learn from it," he cuts me off once again, "it's fine to ask something that you didn't know, Mob," before glancing at my direction. "And it's part of my responsibility as your Master so don't feel sorry about it."

I just nodded as an answer before shifting my attention towards our target location.

It's been three months since that incident in our school happened. I also thought to myself that I will probably never going to meet that white-haired young man who clearly introduced himself as Gojo Satoru, a jujutsu sorcerer.

Unfortunately, ever since that day, he started to visit me and Ritsu at our school twice in a week.

"Hey, Mob!" Master called out, but my mind is too busy and spacious to even notice nor hear it.

Every single time that guy decided to meet us, on the exact same spot and time, he always bring different kinds and amounts of sweets or desserts for us to enjoy while talking about the same topic, or should I say offer.

START OF FLASHBACK . . .

"Hey~! Why don't you two study at our school~? We will do the favor to adjust and give anything that you'll guys need," Gojo-sensei said while grinning like a child.

"Sorry, but again!" Ritsu replied before grabbing my hand. "My sister and I are not interested to your proposal, Mister." He then shot a nasty glare at his direction. "So could you do us a favor, and stop pestering our  peaceful li—"

"Plus~! A weekly allowance that you can spend whenever you want and whatsoever on what," Gojo-sensei added like he didn't hear what my brother said. "So, what do you say, huh~! Still not good enough~? I can also add daily sweets if you wa—"

"No, and never!"

. . . ENDING OF FLASHBACK