CHAPTER 22

"So, what do you say, Mob? Do you still want to come?" Arataka asked with a cheekily smile on written his lips.

Shinra simply nodded her head before smiling back to her beloved master.

──────────── ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʀᴇᴄᴀᴘ

"Missing Ekubo"
↪ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱʜɪɴʀᴀ ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ

There's two thing that I clearly realized in this trip...

First, exorcising high grade spirits is way more easier thing to do rather than walking in a steep hill like this. However, if I'll choose between the two, I'll undoubtedly go for the peaceful one. An activity that didn't actually required to use my destructive ability.

I slowly gaze my eyes towards the scorching sun above us while taking a several deep breaths and somewhat regretting my past decision to carry this heavy bag with me.

And for the last one...

"Hey, Mob! Did we already passed this tree?" Arataka-sensei asked. "Or that tree?"

"You idiot! You've planned this hiking yet you didn't know where to go!" Dimple angrily replied. "Where the hell are we going anyway?"

Yup, I definitely not going to hike with Arataka-sensei again.

"They say there's a nearby Buddhist Temple here. I try to follow this direction that the old man gave to me earlier but..." 

"Tsk! You better treat me with respect after this."

"Ah! Where are you going, Dimple?" I briskly asked when he suddenly flew away from us.

"I'll go and find that stupid temple." He then gave Master a nasty glare. "Stay here and watch that simpleton with you."

Before I could even say my goodbye, he quickly vanished out of my sight and leaving only a trace of his green aura.

He's gone . . . what should we do now?

I immediately look at my master's direction when I heard a rustling sound.

"Yosh! Then let's camp here for a while, Mob." He then pull out a black checkered picnic blanket and carefully place it on the ground. "We can already see the beauty of nature from here while enjoying a refreshment."

I simply nodded my reply as I sat down beside him and place my bag beside me before I discreetly serve the drinks and a small box of onigiri to pass the time.

"This is nice," he softly mumbled to himself while staring at the breathtaking scenery in front of us. "Look, Mob! Across that mountain, I think there's an ocean."

"No..." I then open my first can of coke, "it's only a lake, Master."

"Eh~? How did you know?"

"I'm not sure, but maybe because we're not hiking in Kitami Mountain right now."

He didn't say a word after that, either do I.

The soothing fresh breeze coming from the trees surrounding us, pleasing white clouds that sometimes covering the sun for us, and the refreshing carbonated soft drink in my hands.

Master is right, this is indeed nice.

A few more minutes of comfortable silence have passed before Arataka-sensei decided to end it with a light question about me.