CHAPTER 23

The fact that Dimple didn't go back immediately to us, just like what he guaranteed to me, did he already break his promise?

"I hope not..."

Where are you, Dimple?

Progress Toward Mob's Explosion: 30%

──────────── ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʀᴇᴄᴀᴘ

"Unsettling Omen"
↪ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱʜɪɴʀᴀ ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ

October 27, 2018
04 Days and 13 Hours before the Great Shibuya Incident

Two days have been passed since my fourteen days school break ended, and if ever I get magically a gut to tell anyone the truth, then I will surely going to bawl some unpleasant stories that shouldn't have happened if I'm wise enough to prevent it.

Unlike my experience last school year, I didn't enjoy the half of it because of a certain friend that keeps infiltrating my mind after he broke his pro—no.

I immediately stop walking and raised my right hand to exorcise that flock of small fish-like curses when it suddenly flew out towards my direction and tried to attack me.

Each of their body get instantly exploded into tiny bits of bright blue with a mix of pink blob before disappearing completely until nothing of those curses left.

"That's not it..." I softly mumbled to myself while staring at the waving ceiling.

Is it just me? Or the whole place looks really like it forcefully descend below the surface of an area of water? But, I clearly remember that's not the case of it until...

"Oh, is this some kind of domain?"

Until I step on the last floor.

"It looks incomplete, though." I then avert my attention towards the window.

It's surprisingly covered by some obnoxious thing that is preventing me from seeing the original features on the other side.

I simply emit a long, deep, audible breath to express a specific emotion that I keep suppressing in my inner self, before continuing on my journey, with a clear mission of exorcising that semi-grade one spirit that terrorizing this newly abandoned apartment building with four floors.

After that mysterious incident, in the mountain where the three of us hiked in, happened. Arataka-sensei message me earlier that he still doesn't see Dimple in his apartment nor office, same goes for Ritsu and my friend Teruki-kun. 

My friend is missing, and I'm hundred percent sure of it. Dimple will never broke his promise. He have an excessively high opinion for himself to even think about tha—huh? I'm flying?

As I bend down my head to look below and confirm my suspicion, I definitely didn't expect seeing that next scene.

A dark red parched limb of something with similar features to an invertebrate got a crushing-like grip on my left ankle and currently lifting my entire body upside down into the air.

Yes, I am indeed flying.

Before I could even have a chance to cut it off me, the owner of that thing immediately drag me towards the stairway or emergency exit area of the building.