CHAPTER 12

Fushiguro just stare at his Sensei for a second before giving him a simple nod as a reply.

How could he bother to ask him another question after seeing that serious yet clear anxiousness and pain in his expression.

──────────── ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʀᴇᴄᴀᴘ

"Senpai"
↪ᴠɪᴇᴡᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇɢᴜᴍɪ ꜰᴜꜱʜɪɢᴜʀᴏ

"Live a long life? Well, it doesn't mean much when you go and die yourself," Nobara stated while sitting not far away beside me.

"Is this your first time having a partner die?" I calmly asked, trying to make a conversation that will somewhat last for a while.

"First time for my age." She then puff a sighed. "Weird, but you seem to be taking it well."

"Same to you..."

"Of course, I only knew him for about two weeks. I'm not a simple woman who breaks down bawling when a guy I barely know di—tsk!"

Instead of giving some comforting words, I decided to keep my silence while watching her lips to twitch like she's about to cry.

"How's, Mob-senpai? Is she okay?" she asked in attempt  to avert our topic.

Unfortunately, this type of discussion is the very least I want to obliged.

"What do you mean, okay?"

"Well, I see her lying unconscious in one of the recovery rooms when I'm about to go out after receiving a treatment from Shoko-sensei." She look at my direction first before continuing her words, "She's not the type of person that will sleep anywhere, right?"

I just stare at her for a second while remembering my promise with Gojo-sensei.

"I'm not sure, but maybe she get sustained some injuries too on her mission."

No, I cannot stake Shinra's life at any circumstances no matter what happen.

"And why are calling her Mob now? Did she ever gave you a permission to use that?" I asked trying to stave off her curiosity in my favor.

"Hah! Who needs who? I'm calling her whatever I like!" She then raised her hand to point her slender finger at me. "And how about you? Why are you not calling her that? I thought you were friends or something?"

"That's right, we're friends but..." I then shifted my attention to our front when I sense someone is coming, "I will never call her that if she can't even address me using my first name."

Oh, look . . . it's Zenin-senpai.

"Eh? Just because of that? What's with that nonsense pride of yours, Fushi—"

"What's this? You're looking more glum than usual, Megumi," Maki snippily commented, cutting off Nobara's word in progress. "This is a wake or something?"

"Zenin-senp—"

"Don't call me by my last name!"

"Maki! Maki!" Panda hastily called out while hiding behind the statue with Inumaki. "Yo-You actually don't why they are so down?"

"Huh? What are you talki—"

"Someone really did die yesterday! One of the first-year boys, you idiot!"