Chapter 53: The Letter

PLEASE READ!
I had to re-upload this chapter because I saw something wasn't right in Cory's letter. I tried fixing it, but it seems Wattpad can't do crossed out letters like Microsoft Word can. I tried my best to work around it, so hopefully it makes sense. If you see an underlined word, it's most likely supposed to be crossed out. (You know when you spell a word wrong, you delete or erase it, well Cory crossed it out and wrote around it.) 
Ok, back to reading! 

Chapter 53: The Letter

"I'm sorry?"

"I have something to confess." Kenny said, his eyes fixed on the ground. "While you were still unconscious in the hospital...Cory came in."

"What?" I jumped up and stared down at Kenny. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kenny finally met my eyes. "You wouldn't have been any happier if you were awake when she came. Now sit."

I mean, he was right, but it's been nearly two weeks since then.

I sat back down and stared at the envelope.

"She came in and told me that that would explain everything." Kenny gestured to the paper. "I was hesitant to trust her, but she seemed genuine." He explained the exchange. I never looked up from the letter.

"I don't..." I worried a corner of the paper. "Why would she..." I shook my head. "It just...It doesn't make sense."

What if what was inside didn't have any answers to my questions? What if it had all the answers? I wasn't ready for it. The unknowing made me nervous, but finding out scared me even more.

"I don't want to open it." I said.

"Why?" Kenny frowned. "You've been wanting this for how long; and as soon as the opportunity rises, you say no? Would you make up your mind?"

I frowned. "It's...complicated."

I wanted to open it. But I couldn't. Reading it could answer some questions, or it could leave me with a hundred more. I couldn't risk it. At the same time, I'll never know unless I read it. But was opening it and knowing, with a thousand questions better than staying in the dark?

It's all too scary. Even if I really wanted to know, I'd have to take that risk and open it. Read it, understand it. Maybe get some questions answered.

"Then uncomplicate it!" Kenny said. "Open it; reveal everything. Leave it; reveal nothing. Simple as that."

"It's not, though!" I protested. "I don't know if it will have everything. Maybe it has nothing! I could end up with a hundred more questions than I left off."

Kenny sighed and took my hand. "And if you don't open it, you'll never really know."

"Whatever decision you make," Denny wrapped his hand around Kenny and I's, "We're here for you."

I nodded, silently thanking them and looked back at the paper. The godforsaken paper. It could have everything, or nothing. It could mean nothing, or everything.

I guess there's one way to find out.

I took a deep breath. I opened the seal slowly. Another breath.

Then opened up the paper.

Nathan
Ethan,

You may not like  understand every thing I've done, but I'm explaining it any way. Weather you choose to beleive me is your desic  decision.