Chapter 5: The Kiss

Pic above is Ethan

Chapter 5: The Kiss

Kenny was on top of me. I immediately blushed. 

"Sorry," we both mumbled to each other, trying to stand up—me with more clumsiness, seeing as I was a little flustered.

Kenny finally stood and grabbed my hand to pull me up. Once I was on my feet, I grabbed my head.

"You ok?" He asked. I nodded, but immediately regretted it.

"I'm fine." I muttered. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

"Kenny! Ethan You ok?" Denny called from the top of the hill.

"We're good!" Kenny yelled. I opened my eyes and suddenly, the world spun worse. I about fell over, but Kenny caught me. "Whoa. You good?" I took another deep breath.

"Yeah. It's just a dizzy spell. It'll pass soon," I told him. "Sorry about that."

"Nah, it's fine." He said, smiling. "But you never gave us an answer." I looked at him just as Denny caught up, holding the blanket in one hand and a bag of trash in the other.

"Hey, you guys ok? Ooh, Ethan, that's a nasty-looking bruise, there." He noticed, pointing to my head. "We should head back and get some ice." Kenny nodded, and we walked to the truck.

We'd only gone a few feet when I hollered to stop. I hurriedly jumped out and leaned over the side of the pavement, almost hurling.

"Hey, you ok?" Kenny asked, stepping out of the truck.

"I don't know. I've never felt so dizzy." I mumbled. "The truck isn't helping."

"Do I need to send Denny to grab some ice while you breathe for a second?" Kenny asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged lightly and Kenny walked over to the truck. I heard low voices, then a door shutting and the truck driving off. Kenny walked up behind me. "You good?" He asked softly. I nodded.

"Yeah. I think I'm good for now." I stood up and ran a hand through my long hair. Kenny stood in front of me and reached his hand up to my head.

"That looks painful." He noted, touching the bump lightly. I didn't say anything. He stepped closer. "Denny will probably be gone at least 20 minutes." He said, looking at me. I gulped when I saw his eyes glance down.

"Um, O-ok." I said dumbly, stepping away from his reach. I didn't meet his eyes. Suddenly my dizziness was gone and replaced with nervousness. Alone? With Kenny? For twenty minutes? Not good.

I started walking back up the road to the hill. Kenny followed, humming softly. I tried to ignore his stare—probably looking at my bare legs. I'm so glad I'd grabbed Denny's long shirt; otherwise we'd have a problem.

"So," Kenny started a few minutes later. Not this again, I thought. "You just going to ignore me the whole time?" I glanced at him. He was totally checking me out! And with the hill, he probably got a good view.

"Uh, yeah." I answered. "That sounds nice."

"You're not even going to say something about me checking your nice-looking ass out?" He asked. I blushed. "You always hated it when I did that," He laughed. "I remember the last time I did. I'd spilled spaghetti on your white shirt and you'd frustratedly taken it off. You were wearing tight pants. Like really tight. You had a nice ass. Still do."

"Can you not?" I asked, flustered and frustrated. 

"What?" He asked, faking innocence. "I'm just saying that you have a nice ass." I turned around.