Chapter 18: The Kiss, Number 2

In walked Carter.

My brows furrowed, and my headache seemed to get worse. Why was he here? I'd thought that by giving his phone back, rejecting him, and practically leaving him on the side of the road, he'd get the hint that I don't really want to talk to him. He's such a little egotistical asshole, and I don't want him in my life.

Yet, here he is.

In my hospital room.

Acting worried.

Nothing happened for about a second. Then,

"Oh, my God, I heard what happened, are you ok?" Carter rushed to me on the other side of my bed. He hadn't seemed to notice Denny.

"I-I'm fine." I blinked. "W-what are you doing here?" And how did he know?

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Why wouldn't I be here? I care about you." He reached for my hand by faltered when they were already covered. He glanced up at Denny with a frown. "Who-Who's this?"

"It doesn't matter who he is." I answered. "Why are you here?"

He stared at Denny for another second before turning back to me. "I-I told you. I care—"

"I don't want you here." I said. His confidence wavered.

"W-what?" He looked at me confused, then glanced at Denny. "What do you mean—"

"You can leave now, or I can tell my friend here, the cop, about what you did." I threatened, hoping he knew what he did. He probably did, but he probably didn't care. Denny eyed me and Carter warily.

"Excuse me?" His eyes widened and he glanced at Denny again.

"You have 5 seconds."

"I don't understand. I thought you liked me!"

I paused. At first, I did. Like, the very first five minutes. Then he showed his true colors.

"4 seconds." He blinked like he thought I wasn't serious.

Well. Check again bitch; I'm dead serious.

"3 seconds." He stumbled backwards and eyed me, then Denny. "2 seconds." He swallowed and walked to the door.

Before he walked out, he turned to me. "You'll regret this." Then he left.

I snorted. Sure I will. Just like I regretted pushing him off me.

"Who was that?" Denny asked. "What did he do?"

"No one. Nothing." I sighed and looked at my hands. I remembered how he pinned me to the ground and how his teeth bit my shoulder. "It doesn't matter."

"It clearly does." He scooted closer to me. "Ethan, I just want to help. But you have to let me."

I hesitated. "H-he almost, um..." I cleared my throat. "He may or may not have almost gotten into my pants without my consent."

His eye brows shot up. "Are you shitting me?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Why didn't you call—"

"I know, I know. I should have told someone." I looked down. "Kenny already scolded me for it."

"Well you know when Kenny does that it's serious. Ethan, if he wants it, and you don't, you tell him no. And if he doesn't listen, then call someone." He told me. "Damn, you need a phone."

I smiled lightly. "I know."

"I will let it go this one time." He said. "But if it ever—I mean ever—happens again, then I am arresting him."

I nodded. "Ok."

"Next time, tell someone. Or at least me." I nodded again. "Thank you." He reached out and hugged me. My arms wrapped around his torso and I breathed in his scent and closed my eyes.

I liked this. I liked his hugs. They were warm and comforting.

He leaned back a little and I felt something warm on my lips. My heart sped up and my eyes shot open. He pulled back and looked at me.

"Sorry, I've been wanting to do that for a while." He mumbled. "I've just never found the right—"

I cut him off by putting my lips back on his. He smiled and leaned in. His hand found my thigh and traveled up and down. I cupped his neck and kissed him more.

Just like I liked his hugs, I liked his kiss. It wasn't better or worse than Kenny's (because I am not going to compare them), but it was for sure different. With Kenny, all I felt was the need for his body pressed against mine. But with Denny, I felt comforted and safe. For now, I only wanted his kiss.

Just then, the door opened again. "So we finally got the paperwork figure—Aaaaand I'm interrupting again." I pulled away and looked up and found a red-faced Jeremy hold his hand over his eyes and about to walk out.

"Jer, it's fine." I said.

Still covering his eyes, he said, "You know, one of these times, I'm going to walk in on you guys doing it."

I blushed and cleared my throat. "What were you saying?"

"Uh, the paperwork's good, and I'm just gonna go wait in the car." He hurried out. I glanced at Denny.

"I really hope he doesn't." I said. He laughed.

"Come on." He stood and offered me a hand. I took it and carefully stood. The first few steps were a little painful, but I leaned on Denny and that helped.

He helped me into Jeremy's car and left, and then Jeremy took me home.

I was packing a small bag, but Jer came into my room with a duffel.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"You." Jeremy answered. I blinked.

"I'm not planning on staying very long." I answered. He just smiled knowingly and threw me the bag.

"Just pack it for a few days." He said.

I sighed and diffidently agreed.

He started walking out, then paused at the door and added, "Don't forget a condom."

Then he left.

My mouth hung open.

"Jeremy!" I screamed, my face red.

I groaned and turned to the duffel.

Condoms? I don't have any. I haven't needed any for a while. I wouldn't pack any anyway.

Besides, I'm not having sex with them tonight. Or any night till August 18th.

I packed clothes for a few days, like Jer told me, and made sure I had a toothbrush, a comb and a few hair ties.

I've been thinking about getting a cut, but I just like it long. It's not yet to my shoulders, but it's not just-off my head. Besides, Denny likes it long, so I'll keep it that way for a while.

I grabbed my jacket and shoes and waited outside for either of the Aiden's vehicles to show up.

I waited a numbing amount of time. My back was aching, my butt was numb, and I was really tired, I realized.

Finally, a car pulled up. My eyes were practically shut as I climbed in. "Hey." I mumbled. "I am so tired I could sleep for days." I heard a chuckle and the car started moving. I closed my eyes and soon sleep over powered me. 

*~*

Chapter 18, everyone! I also had to shorten this chapter, but I'm glad I did, because the next one...Well, you're in for a treat.