Chapter 3: The Cliff

Pic above is Kenny (AKA Neels Visser)

Chapter 3: The Cliff

The next day, I felt rested, but something was weird. I ignored it and hopped into the shower. It wasn't till the water turned cold that I realized something; my dream.

What the hell was it? I knew what it was, I just want to know why. As I thought about it, I realized I was getting hard.

Oh my god! Please no! I thought. This cannot be happening. I cannot be having these kind of dreams! Especially about...

 My back hit the wall. No; nuh-uh; nope; not happening, I told myself.

I calmed myself down and quickly got dressed. I'd have to worry about it later.

I walked into the kitchen and Jeremy greeted me with a cheery smile and a 'Good morning'. "How was the drive?" He asked.

"It was—" Intense. Confusing. Awkward. "—good." He nodded.

"And how was your sleep?" He asked. What was with the sudden interest?

"Good." I said. It was. But it was also hot (as much as I would never, ever say out loud). He smiled.

"So, two days left and the weekend till school break's over. What do you plan to do?" He asked. I shrugged. He gave me a look.

"What?" Is there something I should know?

"Well..." He started. "You don't have anything to do...And I know a certain couple who's free today also..." I gave him an 'are you kidding?' look. "Don't give the that! You know you want to hang out with them!" He stated. Then quietly added, "Or something else, judging from your dream." My face heated up.

"That's not what you think! I-I mean— There was no dream!" He just smiled knowingly.

"Right." Jeremy nodded, faking seriousness. "There definitely wasn't any moaning, or certain names being called, or—most certainly not—any morning wood." My face heated up 100 times more.

"I don't— That's not— You can't— It's not—"

"Don't worry," he interrupted, "It's your secret." He winked.

I opened my mouth to say something, but, finding nothing, closed it. I opened it again, but instead of saying anything, I just bolted out of the kitchen.

"Ethan! It was a joke!" I heard Jeremy.

"I'm leaving!" I called.

"Be safe!" He called. "And use protection!"

I swear, my face was an oven. You could've put an egg on it and it would've cooked. A few of the other foster kids gave me strange looks at Jeremy's strange remark and the way I booked it.

"Shut up!" I slammed the door and walked to the nearest coffee shop.

I ordered a cup and sat at the table, hoping and praying that I didn't run into anyone. With my luck, I probably would.

After my coffee, I walked through the park with my hands in my pockets, thinking. I watched the children talking and playing with their parents oblivious to everything else. I watched friends messing around without a care in the world. I watched the couples kissing and holding hands thinking they'd be together forever.

I wished I could be that careless. Talking with my parents, playing with my friends, messing around with my lover.

I had none of those. No parents, no friends, no significant other.

I had no one. 

Only me.

And maybe Jeremy.