Chapter 29: The Confrontation

Pic above is Ethan

Chapter 29: The Confrontation 

"This is where he lives?" Rachael squealed.

I nodded. "That doesn't mean you can send him fan mail and show up at his house." I warned.

She waved her hand. "Please. I wouldn't do—"

"I'm serious." We stared each other down. She sighed and gave in. "If you keep away, I will get you your autograph." I said. She sighed again and agreed. Then she told me to get my ass out of her car and go to my man.

To which I blushed. I have a feeling her and Jackie will get along soo well.

I waved goodbye and walked in the front door.

"I'm home!" I called, taking my shoes off and walking to the kitchen. Kenny was nowhere to be seen. I shrugged and grabbed a banana and sat at the table to do my homework.

About 20 minutes later, I heard grunting from down the hall. I listened for a second, then turned back to my work.

But then it started again. I frowned and put my pencil down. "Kenny?" I called, standing up. Noting but more grunting. I bit my lip, debating whether or not to check on him. What would he be doing?

Lots of thought went through my head, but I pushed most of them away; seeing as Denny wasn't here.

I shook my head and sat back down. I'll just ignore it.

By the time my homework was finished, the sound came more often, in like a rhythmic pattern. I mentally cursed myself and walked down the hall.

It was coming from a room I'd never been in before. I knocked quietly on the door. "Kenny?" I called. No answer. "Kenny, are you good?"

Still nothing. I sighed. "I'm coming in. You'd better be decent." I slowly opened the door.

The room looked like a gym. I found him doing sit ups.

At least he wasn't fully naked. He was wearing shorts and no shirt—revealing a lot. I didn't know he worked out.

But I'm glad I caught him doing that, and nothing else. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He didn't seem to hear me. I waited. Five sit ups went by. Ten.

Then I realized his headphones were in. I waved my hand. Still nothing. I sighed and walked over to him and pulled an earbud out.

He looked around startled, but when he saw me, he smiled and laid on the floor, knees still in the air.

"I didn't know you were home." He said, placing a sweaty arm behind his head. I noticed how shiny his body was. I looked away.

"Uh, yeah. I got home about 30 minutes ago." I answered.

"What time is it?" He asked. I told him twenty to 7. "Why are you home so late?" He asked, frowning and standing up.

"Because I hung out with a few people." I said.

"For 2 hours?"

"One." I clarified. He raised his brow and stepped closer to me. "I just finished my homework. Is Denny going to be home soon?" I asked. He shrugged, his body glistening with sweat.

Wait. Were those abs?

"No. He said to not wait up." Kenny grabbed the towel sitting on the floor by him.

"O-oh." I looked away from his chest, my face heating up. "Um, what's for dinner?"

"We could order in." He suggested. I nodded.