4. Ease Your Shoulders

Step Number Four: Ease Your Shoulders

---

It's been almost a week since Zane started practicing with Chase. They were halfway through the choreography, moving slowly and swiftly when it was needed, making sure each move was precise and perfect.

At first, Chase was surprised that Zane actually used the time wisely instead of brushing their practices together. Most of the time, the dancer was the one who showed which moves and Chase would sometimes add in. 

It was only because he was a little shy since he knew now that Zane Page is a professional dancer.

It meant he dances well, and boy he did.

Chase almost melted then and there on their first time of dancing. He hadn't expected Zane to move as he did because he's always that stiff boy in school.

Yes, they knew each other in school. That is, until they didn't.

And Chase grew into the famous celeb he currently is and Zane, into the most wanted dancer in every company there is.

They both could dance well, Zane better but still, there won't be an option to forfeit the pounding hearts, when they do. It's going to set the whole world on fire.

So, when JD and Chase's dance teacher- yes, the pink haired guy, came over to watch them, 'it's not enough' wasn't something he thought they'd say.

"It's not enough." JD said again while the teacher nodded.

"What do you mean?" Zane asked, heaving after the show. It wasn't much but still, hours and hours after practice, Chase could honestly say that Zane looked better than him. 

If his fans saw him right now, their necks would brake off.

"If Mark sees this, he's going to blow. He's on his way."

"What's not enough about the dance?"

"We're-"

Before the teacher could explain, Mark stepped into the studio, slamming the door shut. Of course, if it broke, he'd repair it in seconds.

"Show me the dance boys, I'm so excited!" He rubbed his hands together and smiled wickedly that Chase visibly took a step back.

JD cleared his throat, taking everyone's attention. The two men were relieved. "They haven't done it fully yet."

"What?!"

The studio echoed with Mark's booming voice and Chase wished that he's shrink back in his house. He knew too well of Mark's anger as a trainee. He'd done so good and become the top because it was one of the things he wanted to avoid for there rest of his life.

"What have you both been doing for the whole two weeks?! Blowing kisses to each other?!"

Zane coughed on his spit while Chase coward down more. Out of all the insults in the world, Mark came up with that.

"It's not that Mark. It's just, they've seemed to misunderstand what we'd wanted in the dance. I've told them on and I'm sure they'd get to it as soon as they can."

"The date-"

"The date is no problem. Zane's the best dancer and choreographer there is, I'm sure he could do it in time." Zane gave a short nod to confirm. "Well then, if you could give us a moment. I'll re-schedule the dance date for you."

Mark muttered under his breath and left the room shortly. JD and the teacher stood side by side, arms tied in front with serious looks on their faces.

"Alright, here's the thing. We want more skin-ship. Right now, Zane, you look like a supported background dancer."

"Of course, I thought that's what it is. to make Chase stand out better but still give the feeling-"

"Yes, but not like that. We- well, Mark, wants fans screaming. That means you need to be with Chase, not behind him." JD reached forward the made the two of them stand side by side, arms touching, sending goosebumps all over Chase's body. "There needs, no, it's a must to have skin-ship. Touching, hands, shoulders, what else?"

The teacher responded with no hesitant. "Arms are the most important. Zane, you'd know. If you can, then legs would be good but try to do more lifts and waist touches when there's the chorus part or something. That'd get the fans' attention."

"Oh," JD added, "and Mark told me to emphasis on the smooch."

Chase hiccuped. "Smooch?!"

Zane answered for him, though he looked more calm. "It's slow dancing, but really close with the partner. Why so we need to do that?" He asked the two men. "Wouldn't that be a little intimate? We're both men and there's going to be a lot of drama."

The manger sighed. "That's what Mark wants. I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't have it. Since the ladies are so strong on not dancing with Chase, we only have the choice of you. He just wants fans to go crazy so we get out there more. It doesn't make sense but he's head straight about it. He said that he'll handle all the calls and reports."

"Plus, you can confirm the collaboration through interviews, right?" Asked the teacher. They all agreed along with it while Chase and Zane just stood uncomfortable.

"So," JD finally closed up heading towards the door with the teacher behind him. "Which one are you going to start working on first? Lifts or smooch?"

"Smooch!"

Chase slammed his hand on his forehead and the sound echoed in the room.

"What I mean is," he gave a hesitant glance at Zane. "I'm n-not... good with heights. So..." he was wondering why he was stuttering in his head while the others stared at him.

Zane nodded after a few seconds before walking up to the speakers. "We'll be ready with the dance in a week. Give us another to fix everything and another to perfect it."

JD nodded. "I'll inform Mark. Good luck."

Good luck.

Chase didn't know how to feel about that. Good luck.

---

Something's about to happen guys! And they knew each other in school?