9. Let Go Of Your Worries

We're almost at 100 views. This means so much to me, you have no idea. Love you guys for reading!!!

Step Number Nine: Let Go Of Your Worries

Chase wasn't proud of himself.

Ever since that night from the dinner, he hasn't been feeling well at all. It's been a few days, okay, more like weeks, since he drunkenly almost kissed Zane Page. 

The same Zane Page he'd been best friends with since seventh grade. The same Zane Page he avoided for his career because he loved him just a little — or not too little — too much.

Though throughout the practices after the horrendous night, everything seemed normal. From Zane's side that is.

He didn't show the discomfort Chase empathetically showed. He definitely didn't flinch every time they got close on a step. He didn't even give a glance.

Standing in front of the wide mirror, Chase tried to drill it in his head that it was the last practice before they took things out to film and release it out to the world.

If that doesn't make things better, JD'd come in after sending Mark away after the review. He'd said that whatever problem the two of them were having, they'd have to sort it out. That is, because Chase kept flinching way too much whenever Zane touched him.

"So, are we going to work on whatever glitching feeling you're going through? Or..."

Chase jumped at Zane's voice, turning around with wide eyes and gulping every two seconds.

"Are you... okay?"

Zane stepped closer, which only picked up Chase's heartbeat. He breathed in faster, inhaling hard and just like that Zane's expression changed.

He was next to Chase before he knew it and was pulling the guy into him, rubbing his back, muttering words.

"It's okay, you're fine. Just calm down. Calm... down..." he hushed the singer, swinging a little to the side until no noise was coming out of him.

"S-sorry. I-it's just... I'm... I've been..."

"Hey, calm breaths. In, and now out. Good, you're good. Okay, now talk, slowly."

Chase wiped his sweaty forehead. "It's just, I've been thinking nonstop of what I did... t-the other night... and it's been bothering me so much... I just... I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry." Chase stared at the ground. "I made you uncomfortable and made everything uncomfortable and I just—"

"So that's what you've been so jumpy about. Because you drunkenly tried to kiss me and yelled at me with no sense making words?"

"What? No, but, yes. But—"

"Hey Chase, I've forgotten about it. Like a long time ago." He tried to make it sound extra believable so the guy could calm down. "It's fine. I didn't take anything to heart. Now, if that's all it's about, can we go back to practicing? It's the last day."

With a short nod, the two of them were standing on the centre of the studio, facing the mirror, a hand length apart. Just as the music began, Zane reached out and pulled Chase's hands in his. When the singer glanced at it in surprise, Zane only rolled his eyes.

"This is how we start Flight, get your head in the game."

Chase remembers how they start. Yes, they start with their hands holding. But for some reason, Zane's hands were warmer, softer. Safer.

And so they danced. Chase barely kept up and he knew that the dancer noticed. He pulled him along to the sounds, moving to the notes, pulling Chase here and there, giving him lifts that he trusted so much better on. And then, they both turned to each other on the hard note, in each other's arms.

Facing each other, as every single time they practice, Chase's eyes focused on Zane's lips. Even when they used to be friends, he'd never been that close.

From the new angle, he could see how beautiful his dancer is and how inviting his lips called out to him. And before he knew it, they'd missed the next note and Chase was leaning in.

His eyes took a flicker to analyze what Zane felt, but before he could register, their lips were pressed and they were kissing.

Chase Flight, was kissing Zane Page: his long ago best friend. The only one that he's ever loved, more than he ever should.

Then, after a few seconds, Chase really thought that his heart was going to burst. He's being kissed back.

He was sure that he felt Zane's lips moving against his.

"Zane," he hushed out of breath. There was that one inch space between them as they stopped to catch a breath. But, before Chase could say something again, he got pulled closer that they were kissing again.

This time, Zane took the lead and molded their lips together, sucking every time to get a gasp out of the singer.

They kissed like they were dancing.

Chase gasped again and again, muttering Zane's name every now and then every time he felt a hand slip through his shirt. He could feel Zane's fingers trace his body and every touch felt like fire, burning his skin and making him hot all over.

"Zane..."

The dancer kissed along the jaw, softly biting every skin his lips could find. Making a path, he made it to Chase's neck, blowing on it before kissing it hard, making his marks without even realizing that he was.

Slowly, they finally part, still sticking close to each other. The music was finished and the studio only ringed with silence. That though, didn't stop the dancer from pulling the singer's hand and continuing their dance without the tunes.

By the time they finished, Chase was breathing hard against Zane's chest, arms crossed over, tangled up with Zane's, in a hugging pose.

Slowly, Chase turned from his spot and hugged his friend. "So," he muttered, burying his face is his shoulder. "That happened."

Zane cleared his throat, "yes. I... kissed a guy. I kissed... you."

"Well, technically, I kissed you first but yeah, y-you kissed back."

Zane chuckled in-between their hug. "Yeah, and then we slow danced our choreography."

"And to even think about how JD and Mark would've reacted if they saw..."

"Is it bad that I've been wanting to do that for a long time?"

"No," Chase said after realizing what Zane was telling him. "No, not at all."

It eased Chase's mind to reminisce the moment they shared. Because he knew for sure, that when he glanced at Zane's eyes before their kiss, his was already locked on Chase's lips.

---

One more to go, hope you guys sit tight.

IDK why but it was so exciting to write this part... hehe, something finally happens between them and it's kinda a big thing since everything is said from Chase's POV. We have no idea what'd been happening from Zane's side.