Chapter Thirty

Julia's POV:

_One week later_

_One week later_

My mother is holding my hand while she sleeps with her head on the hospital bed. She, Hunter and my dad has been making turns. Every time I wake up, it is either the one or the other. I try to sit more comfortably without waking her, but fail miserably when she lifts her head groggily.

"Julia?" Her voice is soft and her eyes a bit narrowed as she focuses on me. "Did I wake you?" She rubs her thumb across my hand and I shake my head. "No, it is the other way around." I try to move again, but hiss when the pain throbs up my side. "You should stay in this position, the doctor said if you move, you could stretch the wound and it will open again." 

Tears well up and I look away from her, trying to stop them from falling. "Oh no, sweetie, what's wrong?" I sniffle and look up at the ceiling, pushing down a sob. "I just can't believe I got shot. It is going to leave a terrible mark and I can't even sit comfortable without it being there. I wish I wasn't such a trouble magnet."

"You are not a trouble magnet, this was just another mistake, and you happen to be in the middle of it." She strokes my hair out of my face and I sniffle again. "And the mark that will be left, it is a warrior scar. You are so brave my little girl." Her eyes well with tears as well and I squeeze her hand. 

"How is Hunter?" I whisper after a second of silence to compose ourselves. Her eyes shows her kindness and care for him. "He still feels very guilty, but relief that you didn't fall into a coma or lost too much blood. He felt that he could have stopped it from happening, and maybe he could have, but we would never know now." I feel my heart dropping when I think about him.

The few times I have seen him, he looks disheveled. He hasn't shaved and his hair is longer. He isn't sleeping well and he looks drained, with bags under his eyes. I never get a change to speak to him, because he is here every time I am asleep and the only times I see him is when he just leaves, but then I am still half asleep.

"I want to speak to him." I speak out loud and my mother smiles, "Of course you do, but he needs to come forward to you first." I understand what she is saying, but I miss him and I need him now, just like he needs me. I leave the topic, but it still lingers in the back of my mind when my mother leaves.

I reach for my phone that I haven't touched in days. I switch it on and the messages comes one after the other. I ignore all of them and dial Hunter's number. I wait with the phone next to my ear. It is ringing, and the longer it rings the more I get worried that he won't answer.

Just when I thought he wouldn't, the ringing stops and I can hear breathing. "Hunter?" My voice is soft and it felt like I had to force myself to speak. "Hunter, talk to me please." I beg and he still doesn't speak. "I need you." I whisper and I grow anxious. What if it isn't even him?

"I'll be there in a few minutes, just hold on." He finally speaks and I feel my heart flutter. "Can you stay on the call?" I ask softly. "Of course, anything for you." He breaths and I smile. We talk while he is driving, he curses at the traffic a few times, causing me to laugh and he breaks a breathy laugh as well.

"Okay, I am here." He says and I hear him shut his car door. "I can't wait to see you." I whisper and I can him talking to someone. "I can't wait either." He says and I hear an elevator chime. I didn't think I was on a high floor.'

"I miss you." I say and that's when my door opens, "I miss you too." Hunter smiles at me and I open my arms for him as he ends the call. He doesn't let me invite me twice and he embraces me softly, making sure to miss the wound.

"I am so so sorry, Julia. I should have been more careful. When I felt something off, I should have called you back." I shake my head and hug him again. "It's fine. It is okay, I am okay." I try to reassure him. but he doesn't allow me. "I promised you, and I couldn't keep that promise." He looks so disappointed in himself.

"I forgive you, and I love you." His tearful eyes smiles at me and he leans in to kiss me softly. "I love you too." He whispers against my lips. 

_A month later_

I stare at myself in the mirror with just my underwear on. The bruise did leave a mark. It isn't big, but it looks disgusting. Hunter comes out of the bathroom and makes his way behind me, wrapping his arms around my body and kissing me in the nape of my neck.

I giggle and tilt my head inside, because of the tickle. "I hate the mark." I admit when he pulls away and he removes his arm from the side where it is. He strokes his fingers over it, and kisses me on the cheek. "I think it looks sexy." I grimace and turn to face him. 

"Why?"
"Because it shows your brave side. The things you can go through and still survive it."

I smile at him and lean in for a kiss. He kisses me back and grabs my butt in both hands, giving it a squeeze. "I like your butt." He mutters against my lips and I laugh out loud. "Of course you do." He grins against my lips and grabs me behind my thighs, lifting me up and carrying me to the bed.

"I am going to show you that I love you and every piece of art that you are." He murmurs as he kisses my hip, "And I don't mind your scars and imperfections." He kisses my stomach, and then the mark, and then he kisses up to my chest. "You are perfect to me, just the way you are." He whispers before kissing my lips again and I wrap my arms around his neck.

I never thought I would ever get my Hunter back, but now that I have him, I can't lose him again.

He is my happy ending, without any secrets and any trouble.

Writer's Note:

And that is the end of our story, 

Hunter and Julia has come to an end. I feel that if I force another sequel, it won't be as good as I hope you all think it is.

I feel that the characters had matured and grown up, even if there is still a lot of drama in the story.

I wanted to give it a bit of twist, letting Aiden be the good guy for once and bringing someone else to the bad light.

What had happened to Justin?
He went to jail, obviously, before Hunter could kill him.

Bianca had gotten married to the guy she cheated with.

And where was Amanda in this? 
I feel that Amanda had learned her lesson and fled from her past, that is why I didn't want her in this part of the story.

Angie is still in Australia and she just refuses to get involved in the mess.

Julia will finish her studies at home, with Hunter, and I think that's it.

I feel that every character had morphed to something that none of us had expected. I hope you guys liked it, and thank you for your patience and love.

🎉 You've finished reading Something Other Than Secrets (Sequel to My "Little" Secret is Out) COMPLETED. 🎉