Chapter Ten

Julia's POV: 

Julia's POV: 

I wrap my arms around me when I exit the house. The cold air bites my naked fingertips and I push my hands in to my pockets with the hope to get rid of the numbing cold pain. Stephanie exits the house soon after me and gives me an encouraging smile. I smile back at her, even though it isn't as encouraging.

"Are you ready to see your parents? Or do you want to do the dress fitting first?" I turn my head to look down the road as a car pass. Green. "No, then you will have to reschedule with the other bride maids as well." I smile politely at her when I face her again and she tilts her head slightly. "Are you sure?" I nod my head and she turns to the door when Tyler exits with a very happy Gabby. 

"Are we going to dress up as princesses?" She squeal excitedly and Stephanie takes her into her arms. "Not quite yet." Gabby pouts adorably before smiling again, showing her pearly whites. She is such a friendly child. "Are we still going to dress up?" She asks with a happy pitch and I laugh slightly. "Yes, but a little bit later, darling." Steph kisses her cheek and the little girl is radiating happiness.

We greet Tyler who greets us back before we go our separate ways. "I hate not going to work." Steph tells me as she buckles Gabby into her car seat, "But I prefer being at home with Gabby until she can go to kindergarten." She turns to face me and smiles. "It makes me feel more like a mother." I nod my head, a smile on my face as well. Steph's parents weren't at home that much, so she didn't have one on one time with them that much.

We get in the car as well and she turns to face Gabby. "You good, goofball?" She smiles and Gabby nods her head. She looks at me, "Are you ready?" I nod my head as well. It will be the first time I see my parents, but they won't be the same as I left them. They are getting remarried, if not already married. I never got invitations so I can just believe what I know. I take deep breath and stare out the window, unconsciously searching for green cars. 

There aren't much.

I take out my phone and check my texts messages. I have one from Justin, but he has been acting very weird these couple of days. I scroll down until I spot my mom's. I start to type a message, but erase it and start to type again. They don't even know that I am here.

"You know where they live, right?" Stephanie nods her head and takes a turn. "Yes, Tyler and I visited them a few times. We haven't been visiting much because of the wedding plans." She looks slightly disappointed in herself when she says that, but I am just surprise to know they visited. "Thank you." I smile at her and she smiles back. Of course she would. They are striving to be better people than their own parents. 

She looks at me when she turns into another street, before coming to a halt. "Here we are." Gabby makes a small noise from the back. "We are visiting Auntie Anne?!" I smile at her excitement. So inconspicuous of the tense atmosphere in the car. I am nervous. I haven't seen her for a long while and I am honestly not sure how I feel about it. I take a deep breath and look at the house.