Chapter Five

Julia's POV: 

Julia's POV: 

"I have to go, Justin." I pull his shirt over my naked body and turn to face him where he is laying on the bed. His head is rested on a folded hand, and I don't miss his eyes going up and down my body. I am not ready for another round. "Why?" He asks with a slight pout and I sigh heavily. "It is my best friend's wedding in a week's time. So I need to be there early for preparation and so forth."

He rolls his eyes and falls back against the pillows. "I did invite you as my date and you refused." I murmured, watching him for a reaction. He closes his eyes and I see his chest rise and fall. "I said no because you already make things hard for me, Jules." I frown at him and head to the bed, folding my leg under me when I sit down. "What do you mean, Justin?" I ask slowly and he looks at me. "It has been two weeks and you still don't see it?" He asks in disbelief and I shake my head slowly.

"Julia, I have been trying to prove myself to you." I raise a brow and he sits up. "Not by fucking you, but by taking you out and buying you gifts. I visit you regularly and try to keep up with the routine of ours to meet each other for coffee before class." He looks torn. "I try so hard to prove myself to you. To let you see that I won't be that bad of a boyfriend, but with you returning to your home place..." He trails off, "Back to your friends. I am scared that I will lose my shot completely." I feel terrible now. Yes, I know that he has been trying to get me to date him, but I tried to avoid that conversation as much as possible.

I just, I am not ready yet. I feel like I am using him for a great time just to lower my body count and now, hearing him say the things that he has done for me, it makes things so much more complicated. "I don't want to go the wedding as a pretend-to-be-date. I want to be your real date, Jules." I look down at my hands and try not to think about home. I will be seeing people I thought I would never see again. I might see...

No, stop.

"Justin, I..." I look up at his eyes and I can see that even though I am about to tell him off again for the millionth time, he still has hope. "Justin, I am in love with someone else. Someone back home." I finally answer I see his face fall. "I have to go." I get up to get my clothes.

The drive to the dorms weren't far from Justin's apartment and I tried to shake the guilt away before reaching it, but it didn't go away. I am just as bad as Aiden now. I used someone for my own benefits without even thinking about their feelings. I never thought I would go so low. I bite my lip as I head to the door with my head bowed. I enter the room and Angelic speaks up.

"How could you?!" I feel my heart stammer and I look up immediately, expecting to see Justin smirking next to a fuming Angelic who is holding some kind of weapon, but relief floods over me when I see her seated on her bed with cheese balls next to her. "How could I what?" And that's when I see my laptop on her lap. "How could you hide these juicy pictures from me?" I stare blankly at her for a moment before stepping closer.

"What have I told you about touching my laptop?" I ask her and reach for it, but she pulls it away. "First tell me who the hunk is and you can have it back and scold me as much as you want." She turns the screen my way and I blush crimson when I see the picture. Hunter and I were both in our underwear in bed. I used a selfie stick for sports, so you can see our entire half naked bodies. I liked the picture, but now I am embarrassed by it. 

"He's nobody." I say, reaching for it again but she pulls away again. "Two hundred and forty five pictures with the same guy in different places and outfits isn't nobody." She states bluntly and I sigh. "He is a nobody now. He is my ex." I state and she stares at me. "You had a model for a boyfriend?!" I glare at her before grabbing the laptop. "He isn't a model, he is a cop." I state before shutting my laptop and grabbing a travel bag.

"So, you're going back to see him too?" She asks, leaning on her stomach and swinging her legs in the air. "Hopefully not." I answer and grab a few clothes. I grab a few shoes and underwear from the drawers and stuff them in too. "Why? Is he married now?" My heart doesn't want to agree with that when it gives a slight pain to her words. "I don't know. I don't stalk him." She knows what I mean by that.

Ever since I met Angelic, she has been stalking someone. Whether it was an ex, a celebrity or an old friend, she wanted to know everything. What she does with the information is beyond me. "Do you want to?" She asks and I sigh. "No, I want to finish packing so that I can stop at grandpa's before leaving this Friday." I answer and I look at her to find her pouting.

"Can you at least tell me his name?" Why? I stare at for a while before giving in. "Hunter." Her lips forms a grin. "Hunter, eh? Sounds like a real charmer." I roll my eyes. "Are you trying to get information out of me so that you can stalk him?" I ask her and she looks away innocently. "Nooooo." She stretches out and I just shake my head with a laugh.

"Lucky for him, he doesn't have social media." I wink at her shocked face and she explodes into a million questions. "Who doesn't have social media? That's like not having a social life. How does he know what's going on around the world and with his friends? Does he even have friends? Does he realize how much followers he would get? He could be famous with those looks."

I just gave a laugh and continued packing while she started searching on her laptop, still asking a lot of questions.