Chapter Eight

Hunter's POV:

Hunter's POV:

"Are you sure?" Tyler stares at me with confused eyes and I lean my head into my hands. "I don't know, Ty. I think that is what's going on, what else could it be?" I look back at him. "Why didn't you tell me that Julia is coming back?" His entire face falls and he looks away.

"She's invited to the wedding. Did you really think that Steph won't invite her just because she lives so far away?" He murmurs and I shake my head. Of course not. I just didn't- "I didn't think she would come." Tyler looks at me and I can see the disappointment in his eyes.  

"Just because you and Bianca had cut her off, does not mean that she had cut us off." I am taken back. "I didn't cut her off!" Tyler hushes me. "Keep it down, Gabby is sleeping." I can see the slight anger in his eyes. "And you did. Ever since she left for Australia you didn't do much to contact her, did you?" Tyler rubs his face with his hands and sighs heavily. "Do you know how many times she started to cry over the phone about missing you?" 

I just stare at him. "You feel guilty because you went to Bianca for condolence when she had to leave, only for you two to start dating barely a month after she was gone." I look away. He is right. I do feel guilty. "And maybe it is a good thing that Bianca might be cheating on you. It is probably a lesson." This time I get angry. "Don't you dare." I glare at him.

"Don't you dare say that. I didn't cheat on Julia, she left me." Tyler shakes his head. "No, Hunter. You didn't cheat, you're right, but Julia was still madly in love with you and she wanted it to work." I stand up from my seat, "No! She didn't! She was the one who told me that long-distant won't work!" Tyler stands up and looks at the stairs before glaring at me again. 

"If you want to yell at me, do it outside. I don't want to upset my daughter because of your loud voice." He is fuming now. "No, I am over this. I am going home." I grab my jacket and make my way to the door. He doesn't follow. It is probably good that he doesn't. 

But I still feel bad for yelling at him when he is talking the truth. I reach for the car handle after unlocking, but Tyler stops me when he talks from behind me. I turn to face him where he is standing on his porch, arms crossed. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said some things." I just look at him for a few minutes before nodding and getting in my car.

Tyler wasn't always this mature. He never cared about hurting others in school, he said things without thinking, but ever since Julia everything has changed. He started to care, to care about his future with Steph, about Gabby, about what he says. He told me that he can see what words can do to a person's health and happiness. He saw it in the way Julia's parents had destroyed her. He saw it in the way Aiden had destroyed her. And Amanda as well. 

I lean my head against the steering wheel. When I saw her today my heart felt like it was going to explode. I couldn't stop looking at her. She looks different with the blonde hair, but I recognized her eyes, and her face. That face that hides so many things with it's front. She didn't look at me up until Steph got in the car, but how I wish she did. I sigh and start the engine to get home, even though that is the last place I want to be at.

It is probably a good thing Bianca and I haven't moved in together yet. It would have made this whole situation worst. The drive is slow, quiet. I turn to radio up and the chattering off Micheal and Mitch fills the car instead off the endless silence. They are laughing and joking about celebrities that have made mistakes through their career, but I can't find it in me to laugh along.

What is going on between Bianca and Ivan? I had heard her phone ringing through the night, and I can swear I felt her leave the bed one time and whispering in my bathroom. I trusted her, which is why I never invaded her privacy. I thought we were happy? Weren't we? My mind races through everything we have done through these past three years, but I don't see anything that could have led to cheating.

Maybe I am overreacting a bit. Maybe there is more to this than I think I know. My phone buzzes from the front of the dashboard and I reach for it. Bianca's name flashes across the screen. I take a deep breath before answering. "Finally! I have called fifteen times!" She sobs over the phone. "Where are you?" I can hear footsteps over the phone and knowing her, she is probably pacing up and down. "It is almost five in the afternoon, I haven't seen you all day! I went to the crime scene and the other officers said you already handled it, and left. I went to your house, to our place, to the ice cream shop, everywhere! I even went to Steph and Ty's place but they weren't home. You weren't there either." She is rambling, but I keep quiet.

"Talk to me, Hunter." Her voice cracks and I let out a breath. "I am in your street." I murmur as I stop in front of her place. "Thank goodness." She breaths out and I hear a door handle rattling before her figure appears in her door. "Come in, please." She begs and ends the call. I lower the phone and stare at her, before getting out of the car.

When Julia left, I felt like I lost everything. When she told me that we can't be together because off the distance, my heart shattered. Bianca was there to pick up the pieces. I never wanted to move on from Julia, but Bianca was there to take care of me. She was my partner in crime and things happened that I am not ashamed off. I don't regret going to her for help, but I regret asking her to be my lover. 

"Can we talk, please?" She asks with a weak voice when I stand in front off her. Her face is streaked with tears and she is wearing her pajamas. "I can't let you not know about what is going on." I just stare at her, before taking her into my arms and kissing her. Hard. I push her back into the house and shut the door with my foot, still kissing her.

One last time, one last time before she tells me the truth. And it is like she understands me, because she doesn't stop me, instead she reaches for my shirt's buttons and walks backwards to her room. I open the door and push her onto the bed. 

Another regret to add to the list.

Hi readers!

I know the book isn't completed and I wanted to complete it before publishing, but it is hard to leave you in anticipation. So, here it is!