Chapter Seven

Julia's POV:

Julia's POV:

Gabby finally fell asleep halfway from Steph's home and we were all talking softly, trying to avoid waking up the bubbling child. By now I know every princess's name and surname. I didn't even know they had surnames. I know every prince's name and every kingdom, but I am pretty sure some were made up.

"I apologize for not warning you about her talkativeness." Steph smiles from the rear-view mirror and I shake my head with a slight frown. "No, no it is fine. I enjoyed her conversation." I laugh slightly and Tyler chuckles along with us. "She loves her princesses. I told Stephie she won't shut up about them and she didn't believe me." He says, but I can hear the admiration in his voice. 

It's weird knowing that my friend who is the exact same age as me, is getting married in a couple of weeks and I am still single. Well I wouldn't have been. I stare out the window and prop my head on my palm. To think just a few years ago Hunter and I was joking about getting married before Steph and Tyler.

Stop thinking about him Julia. He isn't thinking about you.

Tyler's phone rings from the front and he answers it with the Bluetooth device in the car. A deep familiar voice echoes through the car and I feel my heart stutter. "Tyler? Are you home?" He sounds strained over the phone. "Hey, Hunter." His name causes my heart to dip, "No, we picked someone up from the airport. Why? What's the problem?" I can hear the concern in his voice.

"I am waiting outside your home. How far are you?" Oh no. No. No. Please I don't want to see him now. "I am about twenty minutes away." Tyler answers and I catch Steph's eye in the mirror. "Go home, put Gabby to bed and Julia and I will go to the mall for a while." Steph whispers to him and he nods his head, turning into a road.

Hunter ends the call after answering Tyler and the drive suddenly became dreadful. I can't see him now. I am not ready yet.

After about fifteen minutes the car slows down in a street. I can see a black Mercedes parked infront of a beautiful house. Tyler parks the car infront of the black Mercedes and gets out. That's when I spot him.

Hunter.

He looks good. More muscular and more...mature. I force my eyes away when he greets Tyler and Steph gets out the car. She opens the door on Gabby's side and unbuckles the calm sleeping child.

"Don't worry Jules. You won't have to look at him now." She smiles and picks up Gabby. A small murmur comes from her sleeping lips and it brings a smile to my face.

Stephanie takes Gabby to Tyler and he takes her in his arms gently. They exchange a few words and while Hunter was paying attention to them I decide to get out quickly and head to the passenger side. I know he is going to see me anyway.

I get in the car again without glancing at him but when Steph returns I look up. Our eyes meets. My heart stops for a second and I look away. Why do I still have the same effect?

"Let's go." Steph smiles and I smile back, but it feels force. I take another glance in his direction. He is now leaning against the Mercedes with his hands in his pockets and his eyes are already staring at me. Maybe he doesn't recognize me. Steph starts the car and that's when he looks away. Why would he be at their house?

"Bianca.." Steph shuts her mouth instantly and stares out the window. "What about Bianca?" I ask her and stare at her. She doesn't answer. "Stephanie, what about Bianca?" I knew she hasn't been talking to me for awhile, but what if something serious has happened? Steph sighs and lowers her shoulders. "It isn't really my place to tell you, Jules." She glances at me and I can see the struggle on her face. 

"Just tell me," I lean back in my seat, "Is it serious?" Steph looks at me through the corner of her eye and bites her lip. "I guess it depends on what concept." She answers softly and I feel more confused. "Well? Is it deadly?" Relief washes over her face and a slight laugh rumbles through her. "No, no. She isn't sick." And now I am relieved too. "It is just something she needs to tell you." She smiles while staring out the window.

"Old Julia, always expecting the worst." I smile and lean my head against the window. Of course I am curious about what Bianca could possibly need to tell me, but I think I can patient about it. "Have you met someone in Australia?" Stephanie asks, and I can hear the faint curiosity. "I've met a lot of people, Steph. It's a pretty big place." I snort and still stare out the window. I know what she means, but I want to tease her a bit.

"You know what I mean" She whines and I laugh. "Yeah, I know. No, I haven't met someone that I want to date yet." I answer truthfully and she nods. "You'll find someone, I know it." But the person I want don't want me. I feel the slight sadness creeping up on me when I think about Hunter and the way he has changed. I wish I experienced the change with him.  

"I am thinking about taking my parent's offer on having the wedding at their private residence." Stephanie speaks up when she takes a left turn. I look at her in shock. "Oh, your parents?" I ask to make sure and she presses her lips together with a nod. "Yes. They want to meet Gabby, for the first time, and they have finally gotten rid of their grudge." I think about what she is saying. "Why do you want to have the wedding at their place?" I ask and she stops at a red light. 

"To be honest, it is because I want to see them. I want to prove to them that I have grown up and I don't keep grudges like them. I want to show them that I can be a success without them, like I am." Her grips tighten on the wheel. "I want to prove myself to them by seeing them." I touch her shoulder and smile at her. "And how does Tyler feel about it?" She looks at me and tucks a hair strand behind her ear. "He is hesitant."

"But he understands why I want to do this." She smiles off into the distance. "He wants the best for me." I grin at her and hug her across the two seats. "Then do what makes you happy." I whisper at her and her hug tightens. "I am so scared." I laugh lightly, "Steph, you're never scared of anything. Not even child birth." She laughs along with me.