Chapter Thirteen

Hunter's POV:

Hunter's POV:

I put the pregnancy test on the sink and lean onto the sink. I just stare at it. Two lines is positive right? I am sure I know that. I go back to the waste basket and look inside to see the box. I guess it is pure luck that I find that there. I pull it out and turn it to the back.

Two lines are positive.

Maybe it is wrong? Usually the cheap tests are proven to be wrong 1% of the time. Bianca wouldn't just take a pregnancy for nothing. She had to have a reason. I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I grab my phone and lean against the sink. It is a text from Bianca:
Bibi: Melody slipped. Julia knows about us now. 
Me: Melody slipped? How?

I waited for her reply, but after two minutes I realized she isn't going to reply soon. I put my phone back into my pocket and decide to put the pregnancy test back into it's box. I am going to get answers, whether it is now or later. I grab my car seats from the bed and the spare key before going back to my car.

If Bianca isn't going to tell me what the hell is going on, I will ask Charles. He seems to know a lot more than I do. I get in my car and start it. I am not thinking clearly and this is going to cause a lot of trouble, but I need to know what is going on. I can't sit and think about every possible thing, I need to know. I drive out of her drive way and onto the street, trying to think where Charles will be on a Saturday. 

I grab my phone and dial Dianne's number. She's the secretary who has everyone's details. I am taking a risk asking her since it might be possible that she won't tell me, but I have to at least try. On the second ring she answers. "Hi, this is Dianne Hans-worth speaking, how may I help you?" I am not thinking straight. "Dianne, it is me, Hunter." I hear a sigh on the other end of the phone. "Hunter, what seems to be the problem?" 

"I need a favor." She is quiet for two seconds. "I am listening." 
"Do you possibly know where Ivan Charles might be right now?" I can already see her raised brow. "And why is it that you ask?" I need to think fast. "He told me to meet him at his house today because he might know something from the case I am working on. He never told me his address." She is quiet again and I am starting to doubt that she believes me. That is until she speaks, "I will send you it over text, because like I know you, you might forget." I smile in relief.

"Thank you very much, Dianne."

Her text comes through five minutes after the call, but before I could check it my phone starts ringing. Bianca. I answer it after hesitating. "Yes?" I can hear her breathing over the phone. "You can come fetch me. We are leaving earlier than planned. Julia wanted to go home." I can only guess why. "Okay, I am coming." I make a u-turn to head back to Lilly's boutique. 

The drive didn't feel long enough and when I saw Bianca standing outside waiting for me I felt the disappointed from earlier creeping back. I stop in front of her and she gets in. "We can go to my house?" She suggests after buckling in her seat belt. I shake my head. "No, we are going for a ride and we are talking about this," I pull out the pregnancy test box, "With no distractions." Her eyes are wide. "Did you search my house?" She asks in disbelief. "I am going to be honest with you, yes." I don't look at her as I take a turn. "And I was almost on my way to see Charles and question him about that." I nod my head to the box resting on her lap.