Chapter 8

Y/N POV

"What?" he asked with his big doe eyes.

"Be my friend."

"Huh?"

"If you really wanna repay me, then become my friend. So, what do you say?"

"Of course. Is that even a question? And what's the other thing?"

"I wanna meet Ji eun."

"But why?"

"I just wanna talk to her."

"OK, then. Let's go to the hospital on Tuesday."

"Great. I'll see you guys later."

[ 2 days later ]

Jungkook took me to the hospital as he promised. He sent Jiyeon to Jimin's place. We went to Ji eun's room after asking the doctor.

Jungkook went inside first. Ji eun was lying on her bed. She looked pale and completely out of life. It made me sad to see her like that.

"Jungkook, you're here." she said as she saw him.

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm better after seeing you."

Then I entered the room. Ji eun looked at me and said,

"Who's that, Kook?"

"Ji eun, that's Y/N. She's a friend."

Jungkook told her everything about how we met, how many times I helped him.

"Thanks for doing so much for them, Y/N. I won't be with them for long. So, I really expect for them to live happily even after I'm gone."

"Noona! Don't say things like that! You're not going anywhere!"

Jungkook's eyes filled with tears and seeing him cry Ji eun started crying too. I tried my best not to cry but I started crying too.

"Ji eun, you're gonna be fine. You have a husband and a daughter. You have so much more to see in life. Jiyeon misses you so much. You have to get well soon for her."
I said as I kept my hand on her left shoulder.

Jungkook was sitting on her right and I was sitting on her left. She chuckled and replied,

"Everyone doesn't get to experience that. I was lucky enough to have them both in my life. But I won't have them for long enough."

"Ji eun!"

"Noona!"

[ Time skip ]

We talked to Ji eun for some time and then a nurse came telling us that visiting hours were over. We said our goodbyes and Jungkook kissed her forehead.

We came out from her room. Dr. Lee was standing there. Jungkook approached him.

"Dr. Lee, did you find any cure for her?"

"Sorry, Mr. Jeon. We tried a lot but I don't think she'll make it. She'll barely survive for a few months."

_______________________________________

P. S : I forgot to tell you something. Ji eun was also a K-pop idol before. She's 2-3 years older than Jungkook.