Chapter 19

Y/N POV

Only I know how I was holding myself from breaking down after Jungkook said he wanted to remarry. I tried my best to keep my voice steady. But my voice kept cracking up. I just wanted to finish this conversation as soon as possible.

After ending the call, I groaned and held my head with my hands. I realized that I was just gonna hurt myself from being close to Jungkook.

What are you doing, Y/N? Do you like getting hurt all the time? It happened before and now it's gonna happen again. You're gonna end up being hurt again.

Ugh! I don't know! My head hurts. I should grab a coffee.

I got up from my seat and went to the cafeteria at our office. I got a cup of coffee and sat in the cafeteria drinking it, lost in my own thoughts. I opened my phone and stared at the lock screen for a few seconds.

I realized that if I stay close to Jungkook, then I'll just fall for him more and more. If I want to get rid of my feelings, then I should stop seeing him.

I thought about this the whole day. When I went home, I called him to tell him my decision.

[ On the phone ]

Jungkook : Hey, Y/N! You missed me?

Though I couldn't see him, I still knew he was smiling.

Y/N : Jungkook I think we should stop seeing each other for a while.

Jungkook : Huh! But why?!

Y/N : It's just... It's just that I need some space. Nowadays I have a lot of work pressure. I'm really overwhelmed. So, don't contact me for a few days. Please. I'll call you if I get a chance.

Though I know I won't ever call you.

Jungkook : But Y/N, you never said anything like this before. You had a lot of work pressure before too. But you never broke contact. What happened today?

Y/N : Please. Jungkook. I don't wanna see you anymore! Don't call me again.

[ Hung up ]

I put my phone on the table and dropped down on the sofa. I hid my head in the cushion and cried my heart out.

Jungkook POV

I was really happy today. I decided that I'd propose Y/N soon. I wanted to see her. But she was probably at work. I didn't even have any of her photos.

So I called her to ask for some photos. And I also asked her thoughts on me getting married. She supported my decision. But she didn't give me a proper answer and hung up when I asked her what she would do if I proposed her.

I was looking at her pictures and smiling like an idiot the whole day.

In the evening, I got a call from her again. My heart filled up with excitement again. But it didn't last long. She said she didn't wanna see me anymore.