Chapter 21

Y/N POV

I forgot how to blink after looking at him. Jungkook also looked at me from head to toe making me blush.

"You look...... Gorgeous.." Jungkook said.

" Jungkook said

"Thanks." I said while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "You look great too." I looked down so that he didn't see my red face.

"So, shall we?" he said extending his hand towards me.

I gladly took his hand. He took me to his car and opened the door for me. I got inside and then he got in after me. I was having trouble with the seat belt. Seeing this, he leaned over me and helped me with put on the seat belt.

I got really shy because of how close we were. He seemed to notice that. He smiled to himself.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him while fiddling with the hem of my dress.

"You'll see. It won't be a surprise if I tell you."

Soon we arrived at a big building. It looked like some kind of office. Jungkook took me through the hallways to a big dark room in the building. There was a lot of darkness but I could see that it was an auditorium.

"Jungkook, what are we doing here in this auditorium? Are we even allowed?"

"Don't worry. I hired this place."

Jungkook took me to the front row seat. He made me sit there and was about to go away from me. But I held his hand and asked,

"Jungkook, where are you going?"

"I'm right here. Now, let go of my hand or I won't be able to show you what I brought you here for."

I let go off his hand. He vanished in the darkness. I was curious about what was going to happen next.

Suddenly a spotlight fell on the stage. I saw Jungkook in the middle of the stage with a mic in his hand.

"Y/N, remember when you said you never went to our concerts and always wanted to go to one? Today, I'm gonna fulfil your wish."

Is he gonna sing?

Suddenly music started playing. And Jungkook started singing.

I never thought I would get to hear him sing like this. These are some of my most favourite songs. After he was finished, he said,

"Y/N, when I first met you, I couldn't even imagine how much important you would become to me. Before you walked into my life, I used to think after Jieun will pass away, everything will be over.

I didn't know how I would take care of Jiyeon if I can't even take care of myself. But you came like magic in my life. You gave me reasons to be happy. You gave me the will to live.

You loved Jiyeon like your own child. I don't think anyone else like you do.

I had fallen for you long ago, Y/N ah! But I was insecure. Yesterday when you told me about your feelings, you don't know how much euphoria it gave me! I don't just want you, Y/N. I need you!"

Tears started forming in my eyes as I listened to him. He got down on one knee as he pulled out a small box from his pocket.

"Y/N, will you become my life partner and make me the happiest man alive?"

I ran to him, sat on his level and hugged him as if my life depends on it. I was struggling to form proper words. So I just cried. He got worried.

"Y/N? What's wrong? Why are you crying? I'm sorry. It's because of me, right?"

I aggressively shook my head as a no. He wiped my tears.

"So, is it a yes? Or no?"

"Yes! A thousand times yes!"

The smile that came on his face after listening to my answer, I'd never seen it before. He took my hand and slid the ring on my finger.

The ring :

I looked at the ring with awe

"It's beautiful..." I said.

"The only beautiful thing I see here, is you."

His words made me blush. I covered my face with my hands not wanting him to see my red face.

"How are you gonna handle me if you keep blushing at the slightest compliment?"

The rest of the evening passed with us laughing and enjoying each other's company. That was surely a night to remember.

[ In the car ]

"Y/N, if you don't mind, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Will you stay at my place for the night? I mean it's not like I'm asking you for something like that. You know what I mean. We can just sleep. I just... Don't wanna let you go so soon. I mean we just confessed to each other."

"Alright." I replied with a smile.

We then picked up Jiyeon from his neighbor's house and came to his apartment. He put Jiyeon to bed. And then we both went to his room.