Chapter Ten

Happy New Year

With Love,

Kandy

             I know I shouldn’t have went all out like I did but I couldn’t help myself. Orion deserves the world and whether he wants to or not I’m going to show him that and let him believe it. It’s going to be hard but as soon as he gets used to me and as soon as we’re officially together (which I know we will be) I’m going to spoil him rotten and there’s not a thing he can do about it. He can kick, scream, and pout all he wants but I’ll have my way.

            Orion has been through enough. It’s fulltime he gets someone to love him and take care of him for a change. Someone to love him unconditionally, to always be there for him, and to let him know that he’s enough. I want to be that person and I’m going to try really hard to be.

            Stepping out the shower, I dried off, tossing the towel in the hamper. What can I say? I walk around naked a lot. I don’t live with anyone so I can do what I want. I wonder if Orion would mind me walking around naked? I hummed as a response at the thought. I guess I’ll find out one day.

            I’ve been ignoring Zoe all day. I’m glad she’s at work; otherwise I’d have hell to put up with. Her excitement was making me nervous because it made it all the more real that I was going on a date with Rye. Not only am I nervous, I’m worried as shit. If he doesn’t want to go on another date with me…man, I think I would have to kidnap him and lock him up in my bedroom because there’s no way I can do without him. Not now, not after everything.

            I thought after Orion told me everything he did he would go back into his shell but he seems different. He doesn’t seem so jaded anymore but lighter. When we talk on the phone he jokes a lot now and he’s not so serious all the time. Well, he got serious when I asked him about the date. Then he asked me what he should wear and my smart response was “I don’t care if you were pajamas as long as you’re there when I pick you up” and then he started laughing again.

            I’m so excited. Obviously he’s attracted to me because he wouldn’t have kissed me unless he was and I’m positive he wasn’t drunk when he did. The second time I was the one who kissed him. At the time he didn’t seem to mind much. I can’t wait to feel his lips against mine again. Just the thought of kissing him have my body tingling with goose bumps and butterflies in my stomach.

            Exhaling a deep breath from my lungs, I stepped in front of my mirror. White ankle length pants, white dress shirt and a navy blue blazer with white outline and white Tod’s Gommino Loafers.

            Everything was prepared for our date beforehand so the only thing I really needed was my cellphone. Before I left I text Orion to let him know that I was on my way. The Escalade I hired was parked in the driveway with the driver standing with the backdoor open for me.  

            “I’m Dominic,” I greeted, reaching my hand out for him to shake.

            “I’m Paul.”

            “Nice to meet you. You have the addresses and the order of pick up and drop-offs?”

            “Yes, sir”

            “Let’s go then.” I hopped in the SUV and closed the door. I was so nervous I couldn’t stop my feet from bouncing, nor could I stop nibbling on my thumb. One thing keeping me together is the fact that I’m so excited about this date and more than anything I can’t wait to see him. He wasn’t kidding when he said he was going to be busy.  I had the window down so I knew the exact moment we arrived at his apartment. “I got it.” I said to the driver. Stepping out the car, I sent a quick text to Orion to let him know that I’m outside.