Chapter Six

Zoe---->

A/N Get over the picture already...whether you think it fits her or not I don't really care becaue it's irrelevant to the story and I'm tired of hearing about it. 

             Orion wouldn’t shut up about his brother…I mean that in a good way. We’ve been talking on the phone a lot since Orion decided he wasn’t going to come back that night and got a motel room so that he could spend some time with his brother. After a few days Nicholas invited him to stay at his adopted family’s house instead. According to Orion, Nicholas’ family was nice and they were really good to him and that made him really happy. When he was telling me this I could hear it in his voice that he was crying and I wished that I could be there with him but I had some work related things to do and I didn’t want to intrude on his time with his brother.

          Sometimes I wonder what he thinks about me. I know he thinks about me otherwise he would never text or call me or he would never think to share things with me. At least he’s doing the friend thing right. I, on the other hand had been doing a crappy job of letting him fall for me. I guess being there for him counts for something since every time we speak in person I feel closer to him and he’s opening to me more.

            I have to spend some intimate time with him.

            Today’s Zoe’s birthday so Orion is supposed to be returning today and I’m so excited. It’s been a week since I last saw him and I feel like it’s been an eternity. I can’t wait to see him. I asked him to let me pick him up, for selfish reasons of course because I wanted to see him sooner but he said he’d take the train. I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t a big deal but I was sad that he said no to me. It didn’t long for him to bring my mood up. After we hung up he sent me a text informing me that he had the rest of the week off then went on to ask me in his words, “Would you like to spend the day after tomorrow together to make up for lost friendship time”?

            And that is how I’m going to get my intimate time with him. Just us two.

            I heard Zoe groaning from the dressing room. You know, straight women should really accept the fact that not all gay men want to go shopping with them. Zoe’s my best friend and I love her to death but I hate going shopping with Zoe when she’s shopping for herself. She’s the most indecisive person I’ve ever met.

            “What is it?” I asked, peaking over the top of the door; being over six foot tall comes in handy. Before seeing her I thought she was just having one of her dramatic moments but her eyes were glossy as if she was about to cry. “Zo, what’s wrong?” I questioned calmer this time.

            “Nothing fits. Nothing looks right. I haven’t had my nails or hair done. Everything is going to be ruined and by the time I’m done I’m going to be late for my own party!”

            “Open the door.” She looked in the mirror and started hyperventilating. “Open the door!” I ordered more urgently. Shakily, her hand reached out and pulled the latch back. I stepped inside and enveloped her small frame in my arms, cooing soothing words in her ear while rocking her side to side. She calmed down completely after a few minutes. “Take—”

            “Sir! You’re not supposed to be in here!” The dressing room attendee shouted.

            I let go off Zoe to glare at her. “It’s a single room dressing room what do you think I’m going to do? Watch the manikins standing in the corner over there get changed?” She stared at me blankly before leaving. “As I was saying.” I turned Zoe. “Get changed, love. I’m going to make a few phone calls and fix everything, don’t worry, alright?” She nodded and I left the room. I called my stylist that I used when my book had just started getting publicity and I had to dress up to promote it and stuff like that. Monica, who’s my stylist happened to be a good friend of mine also. I told her the situation with Zoe and said she’d take care of everything as long as I got to my house in an hour. I told her where the spare key was and from that moment on everything was in her hands.