Chapter Twenty

OMG CHAPTER TWENTY!!!!!!!!! WAS THAT QUICK OR WAS THAT SLOW? I DUNNO 

ANYWAYS, ENJOY!! 

            The thing that’s eating me alive right now is the possibility of the possibility that there is a strong chance of me losing my best friend. I’m not tossing her to the side. I just want her to stop acting like a fucking idiot. She knows better. She knows what can happen so it doesn’t make sense why she keeps doing this. I’m tired of talking to her about it. I’m tired of feeling so helpless and torn because of this.

            Sometimes Zoe makes me feel like a Bank. When she needs money she don’t have she doesn’t think twice about asking me even if I had voluntarily spent a ridiculous amount of money buying her something. My opinion never matters. It doesn’t matter that she’s ruining her life and I try to prevent that from happening. You know what? Fuck it. Fuck it! If she wants to screw her life up and invest her hard earned money in her Zac’s addiction who am I to judge? Who am I to have anything to say? Who am I to care? It’s obvious she doesn’t so why should I?

            Orion walked out the Doc’s office looking sexy and gorgeous in his blue scrubs and a leather jacket. My mood changed immediately and I’m smiling like nothing was bothering me. He does that to me. He walked right up to me and stumbled into my arms, almost pouting.  Good thing I was leaning against my car. The sides of his knuckles were pressing against my chest and his head was tucked underneath my chin. I rubbed my palm up and down his back because he seem like he needed it.

            He sighed and as his warm breath coated the most sensitive part of my neck making me shiver. After awhile, I moved my hand up his body until they were resting on his neck. He looked at me with those big baby blues. “You look tired,” I stated. “What time did you get home last night?”

            He cocked his head to the side. “You look tired yourself. What time did you get home last night?”

            “Okay,” I said and let him go. My doctor forgot to prescribe me my humor pills, apparently, because I don’t get it. As I moved to the side, he stepped away to allow me to get in the car. I saw him sigh from the side view mirror before he jogged around the front and hopped in. I drove off and I realized after awhile that I had no designated location. “Do you want me to drop you home so that you can get some rest?”

            “No!” He yelled, catching me off guard. It was just a simple question. “I thought we were having lunch? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to deflect your question. Dominic, I don’t want that to start being an issue with us. Don’t be upset. I really am sorry”

            I pulled the car over, put it in park, released my seatbelt and hugged him. It didn’t take a second for him to hug me back. “I’m the one that’s supposed to be sorry, and I am. You have nothing to apologize for. I am sorry”

            I felt him nod. “You’re not mad then?”

            “At you? No.” He pulled away and looked at me.  

            He always looked more adorable when he’s “reading” me, I’ll call it. The way his eyes search my face and look at me like a curious child, I love it. I knew the exact moment he became worried. It was written all over his face and in his eyes. It didn’t even take thirty seconds.

            “You’re hurting,” he concluded. “Tell me what’s wrong”

            “Let’s order pizza and take a walk.” I nodded to the park behind him. Peaking over his shoulder, Rye saw the park, turned back to me and nodded.