Chapter Thirty-two

I don’t know how we ended up in this position. This position with me lying almost horizontal on the bed, Orion lying on my back with one of his arms around my waist and one leg wrapped over one of mine. His warm breath sent a comforting chill down my spine whenever he exhaled. Feeling the steady beat of his heart and feeling his breath on my naked skin quickly put me back to sleep.

            Later on I was awoken with sweet lips sucking on mine. Not even opening my eyes, I put my arms around his neck, hugging him and kissing him back. It was just a sweet kiss, very nice and slow.

            “You’ve been sleeping too long,” he mumbled softly against my lips, the very sensation sent an obvious shiver through me. I leaned forward to capture his lips again. Goodness, I loved his lips. Just having his bottom one in my mouth was turning me on massively. I wanted to get lost in his kiss but he pulled away too soon for me, one hand sliding down his chest to rest on his thigh and the other folded beneath my head. “Dominic?”

            “Orion?” I answered him back. After not hearing an answer I sighed, opening my eyes to see what he wanted.

            “Sorry I woke you up,” he said. “I got lonely.”  

            “It’s only fair,” I told him, remembering all those times I woke him up.

            I closed my eyes again and just as I felt myself dozing off I heard his voice, which caused me to open them up again to look at him. “I woke up and you were still sleeping. Your body was turned toward mine, your head was pretty close to resting on my chest and I was hugging you and you had your leg over my thigh. My heart was beating so fast and I...I just didn’t understand why. I hugged you tighter then you wrapped your arm around my waist and I just started crying for no reason. I was trying so hard not to wake you up because I know you would’ve freaked out and you would have wanted to know why I was crying and I wouldn’t know what to tell you. I was happy, I guess. I stopped crying eventually and then you started moving so I let you go. I watched you sleep for so long. I couldn’t stop looking at you. You make these weird faces when you’re sleeping and I wonder what you’re dreaming about. I’m crazy for you you know that? I wanted to talk to you that’s why I woke you up, I suppose that was the loneliness I felt.”

            Kissing his temple, I brought my arms around his back and pulled him so he was lying down on my chest. “I love you too,” I said. He sighed and nuzzled closer to me. The Orion I knew when we just met was coming back to me. I remembered when he would just blurt something out to me and would later be embarrassed about it. He used to unintentionally tell me how he felt, when he was confused, and so forth. He used to open up to me a lot and I feel like he’s starting to again. Knowing that made my life so much worth it and made everything we went through worth it. “I woke up this morning. I was lying on my stomach and you were sleeping on my back with your leg wrapped over mine. It was a wonderful way to wake up. And that brought me to the next stipulation for our relationship, you know, the long list I had to fix us…”

            He laughed. It was a laugh that told me he knew where this was going. “And what might that be?”

            The thought alone had my body in chills and my heart soaring with happiness. “Remember at the hospital what you said to me?”

            “I don’t know…” he trailed off.

            “When I woke up we’d be wrapped up in each other. Your skin would be the first thing I feel. Your face would be the first thing I see. Your scent would be the first thing I smell. Your lips would be the first thing I taste. And I would kiss you until I couldn’t breathe and touch you everywhere until my arms got tired of moving.”