Chapter Twelve

Hello :)

            Dropping Orion off was the hardest thing I ever had to this far. If there were a way I could keep him with me all the time I would gladly take it. I’ve only been away from him for an hour and I miss him like I haven’t seen him for days. He’s finally mine and he’s happy. A friend of mine is hosting a party at a club in Manhattan. It’s one of the fancy clubs where you have to be an exclusive member to get into or you have to really know some people for your name to be on the list. I feel bad for not going but I wouldn’t make great company to anyone. I don’t want to be around anyone right now if it’s not Orion. Should I call him? He’s probably tired and knocked out. I would hate to wake him up.

            Just like magic, my phone rang.

            “Rye?” I couldn’t believe he was calling me.

            “So,” he started. “I asked Rodger to do me a favor and tomorrow morning I have to do inventory, restock the bar and make sure it’s ready for business in the night then I work at the doctors office from 12 Noon to 6 P.M.”

            “Um,” I mumbled. I wasn’t sure what the point of him telling me that was.

            “I’ve confused you haven’t I?” He chuckled but didn’t wait for me to answer. “My reason for doing that is I wanted to cook for you and this is me asking you to come to my place for dinner at eight tomorrow?”

            “I’d love to!”

            “Good,” he said. I could picture him smiling. I can’t begin to describe what the just the thought alone of knowing that he’s happy does to me. “What’re you doing?”

            Hmm. “Actually, up until when you called I was thinking about you”

            “Really?” He shrieked. I laughed because his response sounded like it was incomprehensible that I was thinking about him or that I do think about him.

            “Yes, really. Why do you ask me that? Don’t you think about me?” I teased.

            He spluttered a little before he said, “Of course I think about you, all the time. I just-I didn’t think-I mean. I don’t know what I mean.” He sighed deeply. That broke my heart a little. After everything he still doesn’t understand how much he means to me, how much I really like him. And I keep saying like because if I tell him I’m in love with him he’ll never believe me. “So you really like me then?”

            I laughed again. He’s too funny. “What have I been telling you, Rye? I asked you to be my boyfriend today and you said yes.”

            “I know, I know,” he droned slowly. “It’s hard to believe. I feel like tomorrow I’m going to wake up and realize I was just having an amazing dream that was too good to be true.”

            “Well if you wake up tomorrow and it’s a dream you know where I live. Come knock on my door and ask me out. Don’t take no for an answer either,” I teased and he giggled, the most adorable sound I ever heard from him.

            “I’m so happy you’re mine,” he breathes. The line went dead immediately after. I’m going to have to lay down some ground rules about what he can and cannot say when he’s not in front of me. Hearing those words makes me want to have his body beneath mine and ravish him. Wait, he hung up on me.

I text him to make sure:

           Me: Did you just hang up on me?

            Rye: Yeah, sorry. That just sort of came out and I panicked.