Chapter Twenty-three

You deserve this dedication and so much more. Thank you :*

So this is a short chapter, mostly dialogue and that's okay with me. I'm actually moving into like another part of the story...The sixth part, I think. More to come. :) 

Enjoy! 

          “Why do you look so worried, what’s the matter?” I questioned Orion as I fixed the couch pillow so his leg was a bit elevated. It had been a few days since the fire and he’s holding up good. He’s holding up better than I thought he would and for that I’m happy.

            “I’m not worried…just. Nothing,” he grumbled. He threw his head back against the couch, closed his eyes and put one hand over his eyes.

            “What do you mean ‘nothing’? You’ve always been able to talk to me about everything no matter how bad it was and now all of a sudden you can’t?” The thought was a little hurtful. I’ve kept things from him but he has never kept anything from me. Maybe I shouldn’t have said what I said the other night about him remembering that I love him no matter what I say or do. That was really my way of protecting him from when I get pissed off or something worst.

            “It’s not that I can’t, I don’t want to. Can we talk about something else? Like how’s the sequel coming along. Because I read the book and now I want to know about the rest. Like, is the father going—”

            “Orion.”

            “—to find out his daughter was in a relationship with The Czar, who happened to be his best friend for centuries?”

            “Rye.”

            “Or that the Czar is the one that teleported his daughter to Earth after he found out that Planet Nexus was going to fall. How did they escape anyways? Are they the only ones that got away?”

            “Rye.”

            “That’s real messed up though, that he’s secretly in love and screwing his best friend’s daughter. Seriously, Dominic”

            “For fucks sake, she’s not really his daughter!” He gasped. “Fuck. Look what you made me do, babe. I wasn’t supposed to tell you that.”

            “You’re fucking kidding me right? Why would you tell me that when I can’t even read it to find out, like seriously?” He was genuinely upset, and I was too, for I ruined it for him.

            “I’m sorry, baby, I didn’t mean to. My frustration got to me. I’m trying to talk to you but you kept talking about the book and acting passive towards me.”

            His eyes connected with and he seemed to be thinking about what I just said. “I’m sorry.” The sincerity in his eyes was almost tangible.

            And I hope he could see it too when I say, “I’m sorry for blurting that out. I didn’t mean to ruin it for you”

            He got that playful, teasing look on his face. The one where he squint his eyes bite the corner of his lips for mere seconds. The one I love so much. “You better be sorry.”

            I chuckled softly. When I moved closer to him, and turned my back to lie down, he moved over some and I felt his arm go around me and gently pulled me down until my head was on his chest. “You smell good,” I murmured and blatantly sniffed him. His scent is so intoxicating. I can smell him when he’s not even around; in places he has never been, rooms he has never visited. His scent meanders in my memory and it never leaves me.