Chapter One: Uniting

The kings of the two most powerful kingdoms to ever grow had agreed to meet. Kingdom Artise was known for its incredible magical abilities, the thick, lush forest where most magic was found was protected by the palace walls. Kingdom Oropolis had the most advanced technology anyone had ever seen and was constantly improving. And although they had a peace treaty - seeing as if they ever broke out in war it would end in a catastrophe for both sides - what outsiders weren't aware of was the paranoia with the kings.

King Scar and King Cub of Artise had called for King Xisuma of Oroplis and suggested unity between the kingdoms. Combine them under one crown. They wanted better protection for the sacred forest, meanwhile, Xisuma saw this as an opportunity to work with real magic, and have that powerful protection for his own people. So they agreed, but then King Cub threw out another suggestion.

Marriage would make things a lot easier on the kingdoms. After all, both kingdoms had an heir. Although, they'd definitely have to wait over a decade before the actual marriage, seeing as they're far too young.

And there it was, a settlement decided amongst three great kings.

-

Meanwhile, six-year-old Prince Bdubs was sitting on a bench in the plaza garden, his face scrunched up as he held out cupped hands. Seven-year-old Prince Doc was intensely staring at him, waiting to see what he'd do. Finally, a glowing flower bulb bloomed out of nothing in his hands. With sparkling eyes, the younger prince showed it to the other.

"Look! It's pretty, right?" he asked, excitement and surprised coating his words.

The hybrid blinked, glancing from the flower to the prince. "Yeah, but you're prettier," he bluntly said. The flower disappeared as Bdubs giggled, both boy's cheeks changing to a shade of pink.

Something about his soft, bubbly laugh made Doc feel fuzzy inside. It was like for a second, his heart went still, only to start running a million miles an hour. This was something he never felt before, and it was weird. His smile faltered, and it didn't go unnoticed by the other prince.

"C'mon I wanna show ya something!" Bdubs grabbed his hand and pulled him into the garden. Wels, the head guard of Artise who was positioned to protect the princes, watched with a small smile as the two boys crouched in front of a pink carnation. With his small hands, the freckled prince carefully opened the center of the flower more and pulled out a small ball of light. He turned to Doc, the orb sitting in his hand. "Magic!"

"Can I touch it?" he asked, nervous about what may happen. Hearing stories of the dangers of magic made him hate the concept, but the younger boy insisted it was pretty and "super awesome". Taking his creeper hand, the tan boy held it underneath his own and carefully slid the orb into his hand. He never let go of Doc, and even moved his now free hand under his.

"See? It won't hurt ya!" The hybrid looked up from their hands to Bdubs' face.

"What do I do with it?" he softly asked.

"Well, you can't do anything with it, but I can do this!" Bdubs moved his hands on top of his and closed his eyes. He slowly lifted his hands and pressed them against the back of Doc's hands again to support him. The glowing orb of magic morphed into a small tree. It sprouted flowers and then morphed back into a ball, only to grow tiny wings and fly around their heads. "I just learned that one!" he proudly said, puffing out his chest with a smug smile.

-

The princes were babbling in the center of the garden by the time the kings arrived. Everything was set into motion. Holding hands, the two boys ran up to their dads.

"It's time to go, Doc," King Xisuma softly said with a smile.

"Can I see Bdubs again?" he asked. His eyes were sparkling and the tips of his ears were tinted pink, along with his cheek.

"Don't worry, you'll see him again eventually, promise." The king knelt and ruffled his hair. The half-creeper stuck out his bottom lip.

"Eventually? How long will that be?" Doc protested.

The shorter boy let go of his hand so he could give him a proper hug. "Don't worry! Next time I see you I'll show ya more cool magic stuff!" The darker brunette returned the hug, nodding.

-

In the fifteen years they went without seeing each other, they slowly slipped from each other's mind.

Bdubs spent most of his time training with magic, spending days out in the magic forest learning how it all works. He also spent a lot of time with some of the other children at the palace- Keralis, his cousin, Stress, daughter of Wels, and Beef, the son of a nobleman. The hybrid prince from the allied kingdom had long become a distant memory, although the pink carnations in the garden he spent so much time personally caring for filled him with a certain warmth that nothing else could recreate.

Doc had his friends Etho and xB, both sons of noblemen at the palace. But the only time he spent with them was when they were all learning the intricate details of the technology their kingdom possessed, by False. He spent so much time learning how to build and improve different bots, vehicles, and contraptions that there were days when redstone dust refused to let go of his fingers and forearm. He didn't have time to think about Bdubs, in fact, he hardly remembered their interaction at all. But there were nights, where he'd wake up, a familiar warm and fuzzy feeling coursing through his chest as a faint giggle circled through his mind.

There was also a small problem.

Despite the warm feelings that came with subconscious reminders of each other, neither were very excited about the marriage.

The hybrid prince was confused. If his father and the kings of Artise wanted to unite the kingdoms, why couldn't they just rule under a two crown system? Not to mention he knows nothing about his betrothed. It's hard to find any information on him whatsoever.

And on the other side, the freckled prince was a die-hard romantic, and the idea of meeting someone and falling in love was stolen from under his feet. He's only ever heard rumors of the Orpoloian prince's brilliance, and it ticked him off how stupid he'll probably seem to him. A part of him foolishly wondered if maybe, just maybe, the betrothal would be called off.

But alas, the time came. A month before the wedding, his fathers, King Scar and King Cub announced his betrothed, Prince Doc of Oropolis, and his father, King Xisuma, were set to arrive.

Just as a heads up each chapter will start with what day of the month it is, such as Day One, Day Two etc. There will be time skips so don't freak out when we jump from Day Two to Day Four.