Chapter Fourteen: In the Magical Wood

[Day 11]

Laying in bed, Doc stared outside through the glass balcony doors. His heart was still racing from that afternoon. He and the prince- he kissed Bdubs. Rolling over, he touched the empty side of his bed. Even though it was just one night, he... missed holding him.

The hybrid prince sighed and sat up, coming to terms with the fact that he wasn't going to be falling asleep anytime soon. His face was warm and his chest hurt, and he wasn't sure how to fix it all.

Doc threw off the blanket and walked over to the glass doors, pushing them open and stepping out onto the balcony. The crisp late-night air pulled him further awake.

A small breath escaped his lips as he leaned on his forearms on the balcony railing. He stared off at the forest beyond, wondering what could be happening out there.

And then something caught his eye.

Why is Prince Bdubs walking towards the forest so late at night?

"Hey!" He hissed, leaning over.

The brunette looked around, before turning around and spotting him. With a big smile, he waved up at him and walked a little closer to him.

"What're you doing?" Doc asked, daring to raise his voice a little more.

Bdubs beckoned him down. "Come join me! I'm going to the forest!"

His heart jumped with excitement. "You'll really take me in?!"

"Shh!" He scolded, but it was hard to take him seriously when he was grinning like mad and giggling. "C'mon, I'll catch you!"

"Mm, I don't know about that one," he worried, glancing over at his door.

"Seriously it'll be fine! Magic, remember?" Bdubs wiggled his fingers, creating sparkles.

Against his better judgment, he pulled his balcony door shut. He climbed up and over the railing, but leaned against it. The shorter prince held his arms up and just nodded at him.

I can't believe I'm doing this. Just- Don't think about it, it'll be easier that way, yeah?

"Okay," he breathed before pushing off and jumping towards the prince. He screwed his eyes shut, terrified of what may happen.

His back was met with the fluffiest material he's ever felt.

Carefully opening his eyes, Doc realized he was slowly descending whilst being cradled by a comfy blue mist. Once it reached Bdubs' level, he took his hand and stepped off.

The grass was a little wet and it only then occurred to him that he wasn't wearing shoes.

"Here," Bdubs offered, pointing a finger at his feet and twirling it. A pair of sneakers were suddenly secured to his feet. "Temporary shoes!"

He laughed in disbelief, feeling most confident that magic will never cease to surprise him.

"Now c'mon, before someone spots us!" His betrothed grabbed his hand and led him to the entrance of the Magical Wood.

-

Although Bdubs didn't originally plan on taking Doc into the woods, now that he was, suddenly the late-night trip was more exciting. He just stared at him as he guided him into the forest.

It brought him great joy to see the look of excitement on the hybrid's face as they began on a path.

"This is... beautiful," Doc breathed as small particles of magic danced around them. As it was nighttime, a lot of the plant life began to glow, and so did most of the animals and insects.