Chapter Thirty-One: The First Night of Many

[Day 30]

"And here we are," Prince Bdubs lazily announced, pushing open the large double doors. The pair had reached their new, shared bedroom where they would be sleeping for the foreseeable future. It was bigger than either of the bedrooms, equipped with two large walk-in closets and a grand bathroom with a bath the size of a small swimming pool. However, the prince was too exhausted to feel anything regarding his new room and trudged straight over to the bed, his shoes in hand. Tossing them to the ground he flopped onto the bed with his face buried in the comforter.

He heard the other prince laugh, the bed next to his right cheek dipping. When he glanced, sure enough, he found Doc sitting beside him with a tired smile. "Come on, you still need to bathe," he encouraged as he began to pick the flowers from his hair.

Bdubs groaned for a moment before begrudgingly sitting up. While Doc was helping him, he in turn began taking his hair out. Once he let it loose, it didn't take long for the magic to fade and the hybrid's hair to return to its usual length, most of the flowers falling out. "You're so handsome," he murmured, sliding his hand down to cup his face.

Exhaling into a smile, the prince touched the back of his hand. "You should use the bathroom first," Doc suggested.

Unable to hold back a grin, Bdubs scoffed. "Are you kidding? The bath is big enough that we can have our privacy simultaneously." Finally feeling able, he stood back up, pulling the other up as well. "Now c'mon, the sooner we get these suits off the sooner we can sleep."

-

A last-minute, surprise wedding gift awaited the two in their closets.

Matching silk pajamas.

Doc laughed at the pair of silver clothing with gold lining. He stepped out into the bedroom, finding Bdubs had as well. "Forget the suits we should've worn these all day!" His new husband teased.

Moving closer to him, he wrapped his arms around Bdubs, letting his weight fall against him. "They're very comfy," he murmured, lightly squeezing him.

With a laugh enchanting enough to quicken his pulse, Bdubs held him. Slightly crouching, Doc readjusted to get a better hold of him before picking him up. This caused the prince to sputter protests, that was until he was placed on the bed. "Bedtime," Doc whispered, punctuating with a gentle kiss to his forehead.

However, when he moved back, Bdubs grabbed his collar and pulled him back in for a proper kiss. Like always, when Bdubs held his face, his touch sent shivers through his body. Climbing up on the bed, he peppered his face with kisses, drawing more laughter. Their lips met yet again, the freckled brunette slightly scratching at the sides of his scalp.

Suddenly Bdubs looked away, covering his mouth as he yawned.

Cracking a wide grin, Doc pressed a kiss to his cheek before laying beside him. Yawning again, Bdubs circled a finger in the air which caused the blankets to pull themselves back and tuck them in. Mumbling nonsense, the magical prince scooched closer, inviting himself to snuggle against his chest.

"What did you say?" The hybrid asked through a laugh.

There was a period of silence and he assumed he fell asleep, but then he spoke up. "I said that I found today to be a lot of fun. I love being around you," he murmured.

His heart was pounding. "I love being around you too," he whispered, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Admittedly I was afraid something bad was going to happen. But it all went well. I had fun." Bdubs yawned once more, pressing the side of his face against his chest. Doc's cheeks were hurting from how hard he was smiling.

"Goodnight Bdubs," he said softly, not expecting any response as he lazily stroked his hair.

The prince hummed something and the lights went out. "Night," he breathed.

He had to focus on his breathing, hoping the steady pacing of his chest rising and falling would somehow be nice for the other. Before long, he heard his breathing which was periodically interrupted with a soft snore.

Finally, it hit Doc that what he was experiencing he was going to have for - hopefully - the rest of his life.

A month ago he worried his life was over.

Turns out, it hadn't even started until he fell for Bdubs.

-

One more to go :)