chapter 17

Alex's POV

"LIA WAIT!" I yelled at her to stop but before I could do something more she was out of the house and I was standing in the livingroom on my boxers and a sports bra.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down and sat on the couch with my head in my arms.

I felt a hand on my back. "I am really sorry Alex. I didn't want to cause any trouble between you and the girls." She said with regret and sadness in her voice.

That caught my attention. "No angel, it's not your fault. Lia is just not over the think with her mother. She will get over it." I said hugging her trying to convince us both.

"I have seen how much she loves Summer and finding me naked in her bed with her mom is not a good first impression." I chuckled

"That was my bed, not Summer's" I said which confused her causing a cute pout to appear on her face.

"You sleep on deferend beds from your wife? Who are you the queen?" She asked making me chuckle at her comment.

"No, we were sleeping together but, now I sleep in a different room. Every time I sleep on our bed alone I end up crying. So I sleep on the guest room."

"Well that's not the point." She stopped and started to play with my fingers. "The point is that your daughter caught us in bed and now she is upset and could be in danger." She said.

"She will be fine. She is angry but she will be fine, I know her. And she is angry at me not you." I said pecking her lips. "We should get dressed before we score two out of two. I can only handle one angry teenager at a time." And with that we got dressed and she left, leaving me alone to find a way to talk with Lia.

Lia' POV

I can't believe she would do this to mama. To our family. She is just like everyone else. Shallow and selfish.

I took my phone out and texted the first person that came on my mind.

Lia
Hey, can you meet me at the
Park near the school?

I put my phone in my pocket and started to walk. When I got at the park she was already there.

"I wasn't expecting you to text me so soon." She must have seen that I was upset. "Is everything alright?" Helena asked

"No, not really. I just caught my mom sleeping with another woman." I said. I don't know why I wanted to talk to her. But  she doesn't know me so I don't really care if she judged me.

"And the problem with that is that she slept with some person or that she slept with a woman specifically?" She asked trying to understand.

"The problem is that the woman she slept with isn't my mama. I am not homophobic if that's what you ask." I said clearly still upset with the situation.

"Ok, just wanted to clear that up. Anyways,  does your mama know?" She asked

Here we go. I told her about everything that happened in our live the past years and she listened carefully without interrupting me, nodding her head here and there.

"Well, if it is as you say, why are you so mad at your mom. Its been a lot of years for someone to be alone for that long." She said.

"You don't unders..." I started but she interrupted me.

"No you don't understand. Your mom is a human too. She has been alone for so long. She deserves to be happy and have someone in her life. To be there for her when she needs it."

"She has me and my sister. Why does she have to have that doctor lady too?"

"Its not the same thing. But the fact that she slept with that woman doesn't mean that she forgot about her family." Helena said smiling at me. "It could be just an one time thing." She added.

"My mom doesn't do one time things. The first and only woman she slept with was my mama... Well not any more!"  I rolled my eyes.

"Look Lia, from what you said your mom is a good person that loves you and your mama. Why don't you talk to her? She has been sending you texts and calling you since you came here. I am sure she is worried." Helena is an interesting person. She thinks about others and doesn't judge. I like that...

I made my way home and my mom was sitting at the couch looking at her phone with worried eyes.

"I am alive. No need to worry." She looked at me and relaxed. I always respond at her texts but not this time.

"Lia! Thank god." She paused for a second. "Why aren't you answering your phone?" She asked with an angry  tone.

Her tone made me forget about what Helena said.  I am angry again."Why are you fucking another woman?" I said back not paying her much attention.

"Lia. I am your mother. You watch how you talk to me." She said with a serious voice.

"My mother would not cheat on her wife." I said as calm as ever.

"Ok young lady! That's enough. Go to your room and come back to talk when you are actually ready." She told me raising her voice.

"I am going at the hospital." I said back and open the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"The hell you are. You go to your room until I say so." She said getting angrier.

"You say a lot of things. Not all of them are true." I said pissing her off even more.

She hit her hand on the table making me look at her.

"You don't talk like that to your mother." She said trying to calm herself down.

"My mother is at the hospital. In a coma when you are here sleeping with that whore." I raised my voice too.

"Lia, you don't talk for her like that. You are going too far. Please, go to your room. NOW." She said as calm as she could.

"I wish it was you in that hospital bed." I said and I immediately regretted it. I could she the hurt on her eyes and the pain my words caused her. She was barely holding back her tears.

She turned around so I couldn't see the pain I caused her. "Go to your room." She said with a low and steady voice.

I knew I went too far. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't meant it. It was out of anger but I didn't do anything more. I went on my room and started to cry from all the mixed feelings in me.

Author's note

Extra chapter this week after a request.

Thank you for your support.