chapter 23

Alex's POV

In front of me is the only person that hates me so much. Phil.

My father in law.

He was about to get in Summer's room when Sara talked.

"Dad! Don't get in. She is with a doctor. Don't bother them." She said grabbing his hand

"Yeah, let the doctor do her job." I said  keeping a safe distance from him.

"I haven't seen my daughter for ten years. I am going to see her." He said.

He doesn't seem neither drunk nor angry. This is good.

"You waited for all this years, you can wait a little longer." Sara said nervously.

"Sara get out of the way."he said seriously.

Sara turned at me she apologized with her eyes and then freed his hand. "I am sorry dad."

He got in the room and went to hug his daughter.

"My baby! I missed you so much. You left me alone for so long."  He said still hugging her.

"Thanks dad." Sara said but not loud enough for everyone to hear it.

"Daddy, it's ok now. I am fine. I am here now."  My baby girl said. "My doctor said that I am a marvelous case." She continued and nodded toward Silvia.

He looked at her and then at me with an angry face. I looked  down. He didn't say anything.

"Well, everything seems fine for now. We have to start the training we talked about." Silvia smiled at Summer then looked at me for a second and then immediately back on the ground. "I am going to leave you alone..." she said and was leaving when Sara jerked me a little and pointed at Silvia telling me to go after her.

"Dr Black, wait." I said and she stopped. If I had called her Silvia she wouldn't stop.

My father in law chuckled. "Well, that's bold of you." He said looking into my eyes.

"Dad, don't!" Sara said trying to stop him.

"No! I am not going to stop. She ruined her life and now has the audacity to go after her  hoe right in front of my daughter." He said raising his voice. 

I looked at my wife and saw her shocked expression. She looked disappointed and hurt.

"Phil, please don't talk to her like that." I said. I know this is not smart of me but I can't let him talk to Silvia like that.

"Alex don't." Silvia said.

"What? Did I insulted your bitch or something." He said coming closer to me.

"Dad stop it!" Sara said. Now he was right in front of me. I looked into his eyes.

"Please don't do this." I told him with a calm and steady voice.

"What? You don't want me to do that...?" He asked and punched me on the lip. I am sure this is going to bleed.
"...or this?" He said kneeling my crotch.

I fell on my knees from the pain.

I could hear them screaming at him. Summer was telling him to leave and Sara took him away from me.

I stood up and left the room without saying anything more.

I went on the roof. I come here quite often when I want to be alone.

I took out a cigarette from my pocket  and lit it up. After I finished the one and started smoking the second I heard a voice.

"You should put that there." Silvia said and threw me an ice pack. I put in on my crotch. "Since when are you smoking?" She said.

"Only when I am stressed."

"And you are stressed right now? Your wife is finally here. You should be happy." She said standing next to me enjoying the view.

"I am very happy. And thankful and all of those things but...I am also stressed about her treatment, her training, the fact that I have to find the money to cover all of that, the girls, the fact that my father in law just kicked my ass in front of all of you, the fact that my wife found out about you like that. And most importantly, you." I said looking at her.

She turned and looked into my eyes. "What about me?" She aske.

I stepped closer. "I don't want to hurt you. This was never my intention. I didn't want to put you into this mess." I said.

"Alex, I knew the situation before. It was my choice. You warned me  about this." She said placing her hand near my collarbone playing with my shirt.

"I am sorry." I said leaning closer. I stopped before I could kiss her and looked down. "I..."

"I know, don't worry about me. Go talk to her and, I am sorry too." She said.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked curiously.

"About this." She said and pushed  a peace of cotton against my lip that was bleeding.

"Ouch." I said and tried to escape.

"Stay still, will you?" She said pushing me back.

"Thank you." I said smiling at her.

She smiled back at me. "It's my job. Now go talk to her. Tell her that it's over between us and that I won't bother you ever again. And if she wants another doctor I will find the best one. I promise." She said.

"I thought you are the best one." I said teasing her.

"Well, the second best  then. Now go please. Before I change my mind."  She said pushing me away.

"So we are over?" I asked her.

She froze and looked at the floor. "Baby, you know how the situation is. Now go, please. Don't make it harder that it already is."

"I do love you, Silvia but..." I started.

"But you love her more. She is your wife. It makes sense. I get it." She said  and left me alone.

I finished my cigarette and left the rooftop.  I went to her room and knocked on the door.

"Come in." she said.

"I opened the door and stood there. "Do you still want me to come in?" I asked her

"Of course." She smiled a little at me. I went in and grabbed her hand. "Are you hurt? Did he hit you badly?" She asked me looking at my lips.

"I have been through worse." I said smiling at her to make her less worried.

"Whatever happened, I know you love me. If you want to be with her I get it. I was gone for a long time. I just want you to be happy." She said.

Before I could say anything the door opened and the girls came in and greeted us. They hugged her mother.

"Well  it's like I don't exist anymore." I said and they came to hug me too.

They started talking and I just stared at them. I am so happy to have them all.

I went next to her bed and kissed her passionately.

"I love you all so much." I said looking into her eyes.

Author's note

Thank you for the support. I hope you like the story so far.

Who would you choose if you were on Alex's position?