chapter 26

Sara's POV

I opened the door of my sister's hospital room to find her sleeping on top of Alex.

To be honest, when my best friend started dating my sister I didn't liked it. She was my baby sister and I didn't want her to grow up and be with anyone.

But the first time I saw them together as a couple and I saw the way they interact with each other. I saw the love they have and it was clear to me that they are ment to be together.

Also if my sister wants to be with someone it might as well be Alex because I know she won't hurt her.

After the accident I was devastated. I wanted nothing more that to help my sister. I didn't know how until I saw Alex and the mess she was. The way to help my sister was to take care of her family. And that is exactly what I did. I helped my nieces and my best friend to continue with their lives.

But the problem was almost five years ago. Lia got sick and needed money to be treated and Alex couldn't pay that much money. I didn't have money to give her either so she asked me to take care of her girls and she left for a couple of months but every month she send a lot of money for Lia's treatment, for Summer's medical bills and for us to have food on the table.

I never found out about what she did. I know that has something to do with this Sargent Dexter and that the last time when  she came she was on a hospital bed badly injured.  I was really worried about her. Seeing my best friend like that made me feel terrible.

Back to reality, I took a glass of water and spilled it on Alex's face.

She jerked up immediately which made Summer wake up too. I smiled at them and sat on the chair next to the bed.

"Idiot." Alex said trying to dry herself with a napkin.

"Well good morning to you too." I said and smiled.

Alex was ready  to attack me when Summer stopped her.

"Good morning Sara." She said to me and turned to Alex. "Good morning love!" She said and kissed her. This calmed her down and made her forget about the water.

"Eww. Anyways, when are you getting out?" I asked them.

"Today!" Summer said smiling like a kid. "I can't wait to go home. I am done  with this room."

"You can't even imagine how done I am with this room." Alex said kissing her wife's forehead.

"Ok so everything ready? What are we waiting for." I asked.

"Well, that would be me." A voice said behind me and I turned to look at the person that owns the voice. It was Silvia.

She greeted us and smiled. Alex seemed uncomfortable around both of them. She was guilty but she shouldn't be. It's not her fault that life plays weird games...

"Good morning doctor. Ok you two out now." Summer said and pushed Alex of the bed.

Alex turned back to Summer "Are you sure?" She asked but my sister didn't answer. She just gave her a look that said everything needed.

We left the room and they were now alone. I turned to Alex and patted her back "You are so screwed."

Silvia's POV

"Seems like you are going home today." I told her smiling.

"Silvia! You need to tell her." She said using her mommy voice.

"Summer we talked about it." I said.

"Yeah, and we agreed that she needs to know." I sighed "It's her child she has to"she finished.

"This is just going to complicate the situation. You know it. She has too much on her plate already." I said and sat next to her.

"It's not like you are going to ask her for money. We both know you have more than enough but, raising a kid, and especially a baby... it takes a village. I don't blame you for what happened between you and Alex. I am thankful to know that she wasn't alone all those years. You made her happy. I am sure you still do..." she paused. "And don't worry about our marriage. I know you don't  want to destroy us but, even the fact that you are pregnant isn't going to destroy me and Alex. She is going to be a good parent for all her children and I am sure she will be there if you need her. And I promise I will be there too."

"She is really special isn't she?" I said.

"She is incredible in everything. I am sure you know it." She said chuckling while pointing at my belly. This comment made me laugh too.

"She sure is..." I said. "So home. How do you feel about it?" I asked changing the subject.

"I am super excited and super nervous. But I can't wait to sleep on my bed." She smiled at me. This smile is incredible.

"You know, she hasn't change a thing. She kept all your stuff. She isn't even sleeping on your bed without you."

"I know it's a lot for her. But for me... a week ago we were fighting over the remote control and now..." she was tearing up.

"I can't imagine how hard it is for you. I can only say that your family loves you. They never stoped loving you. It is going to be fine."

"So, enough about me. I know you are trying to change the subject. Now, when are you going to tell her about the baby?" She said with the same tone in her voice as before.

"Don't use your mommy voice on me it's not working." I said and she gave me the look.

If you don't know, Summer has a look that when you are on the receiving end you feel like your mom just yelled at you. It's the mommy look. It makes you do the right thing.

"Ok, ok! I will. Can you please stop acting like my mother?" I said and she smiled again innocently like she did nothing.

She pushed me from the bed "Go now!"

What is it with her and pushing everyone?

I sighed and open the door to go out. Sara and Alex immediately stood up.

"Sara can you give us a moment please?" I said and she nod and got in to see her sister.

"Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

"She is fine. You can take her home tonight you don't have to worry but if something happened out of the ordinary I wan you to call me immediately. I don't care what time it is, you call me. I am sure you have my number." I said and she nodded her head.

"I was mostly asking about you. Are you ok?" She said and grabbed my hand gently.

I smiled back. "Every time you look at me, your eyes show guilt and pain. You have nothing to be guilty about. Summer understands and I know the situation I am in. I am going to be fine. You just have to take good care of your wife and kids." I said

"I know that but I can't just stop caring about you or loving you. It's hard to be next to you and not be able to kiss you..."She said getting closer.

I took a step back. "You might need to take extra hours at work or something. The treatment requires a lot of money." She seems to be getting nervous when I said about the money. "If you want I can..."

"No! I will find a way. I never asked for money I am not going to now. Besides, I think I now what I have to do..." She said interrupting me.

Author's note

The story is near the end. The book two will be released on July probably!!

Thank you for the support. Be careful.