Chapter One

Please don't copy my work, it's my baby and I work hard 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sitting on a very hard wooden chair that reflects the mood of this classroom, cold, uninviting and rough. Right now, there are twenty-five different scenarios that could get me out, one where my teacher gets locked in a closet and has to write the persuasive essay, she made us do just five minutes ago. The other one is of me bolting out the door, but everyone's already looking at me, so that possibility has been thrown out the window. Where would I even run? The room is only one size larger than my bedroom and it's entirely square with one door on the opposite wall from me...

"Well?" I roll my eyes and turn my gaze over to the tightly thin-lipped English teacher. It's way past uncomfortable silence by this point but I still couldn't manage to open my mouth. Half the class looked away by then, and the blonde brut just shook her head. I heard weird and strange associated with my name more than once. I dropped my head down lower into my jacket and started counting the seconds until this wretchedly long class ends. 

The old tower bell rang, and everyone got up to go to lunch. Since we have such few students, each grade goes to lunch at the same time. I gathered my things quickly but was still the last person to leave the class. Even the blonde brut left also, without a second glance towards me.  I made my way over to the clear glass window that sat next to the teacher's desk. I peeked out, making sure no one was looking in my direction.

At Hallow high for exceptional students our grounds are fairly nice but since there's only about 800 students total for 8-12 graders it's kind of hard to blend in. I sigh and look out further towards the sports fields.

A group of boys came out wearing their soccer uniform. I pressed myself closer to the wall on my left to make sure that no one spotted me. Everyone in the group was leaning towards one boy in particular. The boy was telling what seemed to be a funny story because he kept pausing to laugh. Although almost all of them looked identical, there were a few distinctions that set them apart.

Two boys were twins with matching brown hair and brown eyes with lanky bodies. One boy had brown hair and blue eyes with a built body, and the boy in the middle had blonde hair and green eyes. Of course, you could never tell this from the distance at which I'm standing, but I've been...observing them.
It's not that I'm in love or anything like that I just envy them. I'm always walking down the halls with my head down afraid to be noticed but they are noticed wherever they go, and they have no fear. I want to be able to walk around without fear, to speak about the things that are important to me without fear.

I still don't know any of their names but that hardly seems relevant. They all have an aura about them, an aura of peace and confidence that I crave. The blue-eyed boy glanced my way and I ducked, hitting my head on the wall behind me and making my cheeks flush.

"You know he was just checking his watch, right?" Asked a familiar voice behind me. "You can never be too careful," I answer easing myself off the ground. "Yes, just in case he does see you being a creep and reports you!" Fake shock showed on my dark-skinned best friend face. "Can you stop, do you want them to hear us?" I asked pointing beyond the window. "Actually yes, and then they'll realize what they've been missing out on. You who! Boys come and get me!" She says standing up and shimmying in front of the window. Thankfully none of the guys saw her. I grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the window. "What would you do if they had seen you?" I asked walking back to my seat.

"Truthfully I would have passed out, but in my mind one of them would have been filled with adoration for me and wouldn't have stopped till he found me and made me his." She said dramatically with one hand on her heart and the other on her tilted head. I laughed while gathering up my things. "Which one would be filled with adoration?" I asked already knowing the answer. We started walking out the door to the lunchroom. "One of the twins, not the one that's always punching things but the other one that carries around a book," she said dreamily. "One time he was carrying my favorite book for a full week," she exclaimed while I mimicked her from behind.