Chapter 20

A week has passed since I had my first kiss. I dress quickly anxious to get the last day of school before christmas break over with. I leave the room in a hush barely being able to catch a glimpse of the flowers I have in a vase on my dresser.

I smile thinking about our last date when Jacob gave me those flowers. He looked so embarrassed and sad at the same time. "I promise to come over to meet your parents over break," he said still not letting me out of our tight embrace. Ah I have the best boyfriend ever.

I lock the door and skip straight to the theater room. The school gave us the day off to say our goodbye's since some of the students were only here for the first semester.

"How many hours a day do you plan to spend memorizing your lines during break?" I sighed internally and faced the camera with a practiced smile. "As many as I feel necessary." None.

Peter smiles at my answer and before I can make a dive for the theater door he jumps in again. "Are you going to take this time away from the school to advertise the play so that the box office tickets can help pay for the school's expenses?" I stop at that question. Who would I persuade to come spend ten dollars on a high school play? I have no friends.

"I never really thought about that, but now I'll try to do my best," I answered using the same fake smile. "Thanks Cassie, you've really got the hang of this," complimented Peter. "Yeah well you guys have been following me nonstop for the past two weeks. I just wished I could have figured everything out last week," I said walking into the theater room.

"Hey Cass! Look what Tucker can do," called Nathan from director Ray's desk. I look begrudgingly and wished I didn't. Tucker had flipped his eyelids inside out. "AH Oh my gosh stop please," I pleaded walking away towards Jade and Tessa. Ugh boys. I swear they're all cute and cuddly alone but in a group boys become animals.

"Have you packed everything?" Asked Jade once I sat down. "It's only two weeks Jade, I only packed necessities, plus I'm not leaving until tomorrow morning," I stated. "I can't believe you're leaving tonight, Jade," pouted Tessa. Oh that's right. Jade's an only child and her parents are super busy. The only time Jade would be able to see them is tonight. But Tessa didn't know that.

"Ah that's okay, tonight, tomorrow morning, what's the difference? Plus she won't leave until like eleven so we still have some time," I pointed out. "Okay kids, gather around," called director Ray.

"After the break we only have three months until the performance. March fourth everyone, mark your calendars, mark your friends and family members calendars. I want this everywhere," He said happily.

"But what's most important is for you to start memorizing the script. I know that a few of you have already started to do so.." he said quickly glancing at me. Internally I threw my hands up. Can a girl not have an affinity for old literature anymore?

"And some that need a little more help than others. Romeo be more relaxed. Mercutio lighter. Oh and Juliet less hand gestures. Ah I'm getting off topic well anyway I just want each of you to start looking at your characters deeper and maybe even try becoming them for a day or two," he suggested smiling wide.

"In any case I've heard multiple people ask me if the camera men will be following you guys during your break and the answer is no. They are not permitted to even ask you where you will be going so you don't have to worry. Now let's go through the Mercutio and Romeo beginning scene before I let you go for the day," He said walking towards the stage.

"Ugh how many times do we have to do this scene?" Complained Nathan walking onto the stage as the rest of us took a seat in the audience. "Until you get it right twenty times," yelled director Ray, "now start." I busied myself by comparing the stage that was once covered in a fine layer of dust to the stage now that was so clean it was reflective.