Chapter 24

"You didn't!" I shook my head sadly. Jade had just arrived at my home with about enough luggage to last a year. I had just told her about the worst Sunday church I'd ever had and she looked shocked.

Jade stared at my for a moment longer with chocolate smudged on her face. "I don't know whether to be happy that you tried to do something for yourself, appalled that you apologized, or just plain freaked out at your weird behavior," she stated honestly.

I stuffed some more chocolate in my face before answering. "It was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done." "I just can't believe Derek forgave you," she said grabbing the remote to my stereo and turning it on to a rock station.

"Yeah, he's really nice," I agreed leaning back on the bean bag chair. We were upstairs in the little loft place where the pool table was. "Anyway, you haven't told me about you match made lover," I said suggestively. "Oh barf, please never refer to him in that context. Or any.. in fact, don't refer to him," she said simply pointedly.

Even in a flowery pink princess dress Jade made sure her glare was spot on. I still cringed a little at her attire though. "Jade please change your clothes, it's scaring me," I said truthfully. Whenever her parents were home they made her wear girly clothes that Jade hated.

When she first got here she was already ranting about how the Johnny Bravo made fun of her pink clothes when she had no choice in the matter. That's when I gave her chocolate and we started our current conversation. "Ugh fine, it's making me itch anyway," she said disappearing into my room.

I sighed and decided to pick some movies to watch later on. Jade used to come over at my old house all the time and we'd just end up watching a ton of chick flicks. Jade came back a few minutes later wearing leggings and an old paint splattered shirt with her hair in a bun.

I had already changed out of my gold dress into shorts and a t-shirt. "Just tell me his name," I pouted looking at her with puppy eyes as she neared. She narrowed her eyes at me and pursed her lips. "No way." "Why not?" I asked annoyed.

"You'll keep annoying me about him even more if I tell you his name," she stated crossing her arms. Well she is right. I sighed and turned off the music to put Thirteen going on Thirty in the dvd player that was hooked up to the flatscreen.

"Popocorn!" Demanded Jade sitting indian style on my beanbag chair. I huffed. "Fine, I'll get it," I said starting to walk down the stairs. "No I'll get it, making popcorn is one of the only pleasures I have left," she said dramatically practically running down the stairs.

"You're so weird," I called after her as I walked back to my seat. Just then the doorbell rang. What the heck? My dad and Derek were fishing. My mom and Camille were shopping. Nope that's everyone, who could it be? I walked down to answer the door.

I saw Jade come out of the kitchen with a panicked face. My eyes grew wide. "You did tell your parents you were gonna be here right?" I asked nervously. Her eyes grew wider. Oh no. I walked towards the door tentatively and the person outside rang the bell again.

"If they're here for me, tell them you haven't seen me," Jade said quickly, disappearing into a bathroom. I let out a breath and opened the door. "Hello," I said welcoming. Wait who's this?

I was expecting one or maybe both of Jade's middle aged parents. Not a Dylan O'Brien clone. I think my heart just fell out, into his hand.

His lips were moving but I could only stare back at his beautiful face and try not to drool. He stopped moving his lips for a second and started waving his hand in front of my face. "Hello?" I jerked back into reality. "Sorry what?" I asked face mentally palming myself.